3. Like A New World

Dinah's POV

We walked towards the closest cafe from our dorms. We hadn't tried any of them and since we're all pretty tired from settling in yesterday we decided not to be biased and have our lazy state take over as our feet went to the nearest eatery here. The place was called "The Deli Bus". It wasn't exacly a cafe, more of a stand with a few tables surrounding it. We approached the place or bus I suppose and looked at the menu carefully trying to decide on our orders.

"OOOOH, They have pizza." Camila almost yelled.

"Mila, it's 10 a.m. an you want pizza?" Ally squints in confusion.

"Anytime is pizza time Ally." She says calmly. We all quitely chuckle as a guy with shaggy brown hair walks up to the window.

"Hello ladies." he smiles. He looks around our age. "What can I get you this morning?" he asks then turns his attention over to Camila who seems oblivious to his direct stare. I speak first.

"French toast bagel and orange jucie please." I say. "Ham and cheese omelet, please." both Ally and Normani say at the same time. They laugh at realization of their twin talk. The guy nodded and looked back to Camila who was also laughing at Normani and Ally, which made this guy smile even wider.

"And for you pretty lady?" He flirts. Camila looked up a confused then smiled. "Um, breakfast pizza pretty please?" She says. I don't think she knows how aorable she sounded with her voice because it looks as if this guy could have id a few backflips after hearing her talk. She just looks over to us and shrugs after noticing his wide smile at her. "Of course, I'll be right back." He says going to the back of the bus and snapping back into reality.

We go sit down at a nearby table and I think we all stare at Camila with smirks and raised eyebrows. She looks up from her phone becoming aware of the stares we were giving her.

"What is it?...Oh no, you guys find out about my one direction fan account on instagram?!" she whispers in a lod tone. We all exchange glances and then burst into a sporadic laughter.

"You have one?" I ask in between gasps. She sudenly blushes knowing she could have went a lifetime without us knowing that.

"Well what is it?" She whines trying to take attention from her fan account. After I gave out of breath laughing and gasped for some more air I regained steay breathing.

"Did you not see that guy staring you down at the stand?" I pointed subtlly back to the bus. She shifts in her seat to look at the guy hard at work to gettng our orders ready. She shakes her head a bit.

"Well no I didn't pay that much attention to him. I'm just focused on getting that pizza." She says licking her lips and closin gher eyes in a dreamlike state. "Mila he was drooling." Normani obliges.

"You should talk to him." she adds.

Camila's POV

"I don't know. I mean he's cute and stuff, but we just go here ya know? I kind of want to get settled into the place, and my classes and stuff before I start doin gthe whole cute boys and girls, party and wild stuff." I say.

"Mila, what's the worst that could happen? He's a guy in a deli truck for crying out loud, it's not like he's goin gto propose to you." Ally jokes.

"And did you say guys and girls?" Dinah asks. Oh snap. I forgot. I guess I kinda just let them know that I'm bi. Great, here comes the excessive judgement I've been receiveing since high school.

"Yeah...I'm bisexual." I slowly breathe out ready for either laughter or scorn to come my way.

"Hey, why do you look so scared? You didn't think we were gonna judge for that did you?" I hear Normani say putting her hand on mine and lightly stroking it. I look aroun to see everyone with comforting smiles. I let out a sudden sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry, it's just since high school, I've been used to getting a great deal of ridicule for it." I shrug. They nod in understanding.

"Don't worry Mila, we're not like those jerks you may have ran into there. We would accept you no matter who you liked, okay?" Dinah smiles. I nod and give a somewhat cheeky smile towards them all.

A little bell rings from behind us. "Breakfast pizza, bagel with orange juice and 2 ham and cheese omelets!" the same boy yells out, looking towards us. We all get up and lly gives me a wink as to see what I'll do when we finally reach the boy. I shake my head and giggle. "Alright, here you go ladies. That'll be $10.87." he smiles while handing us our food. We pay and before we walk off he clears his throat and catches my eye.

"Uh, I'm Austin by the way." he grins. "Camila." I shake his hand. "Freshman here?" he asks. I nod in agreeance. "Maybe I can show you the way around campus sometime, if you'd allow me?" he asks. I smirk a bit and look down to my feet.

"Well I don't see the harm in that." I replied. "Maybe I can get your number to touch bases with you on that?" he asks shyly. He pull sout his phone handing it to to me and he smiles while I type in my contact information. I hand him back his phone and wave before I go back to sit at my tabel, the stares of the other girls completely obvious as I sit down. They await for me to say anything as I look at them and shrug.

"Ok! I gave him my number are you happy?" They all shriek.

"Movin fast there huh Cabello?" Dinah winked.

"He's literally just showin gme around the campus sometime, besides, he's nice, maybe we can be friends." I say nonchalantly.

"That's it?" Normani asks. I shrug and begin to eat my food, as I change the subject to keep it off of me and Austin for a while.

Still I can't believe how smooth everything is goin gso far. I never expected this to happen. FInally feeling accepted by people. Finally getting a chane to live freely and comfortably in my own skin. I t feels as if it was th ething I'd been longing for the longest in my life. Always uncomfortable with myself, it gets tiring easily. And for once I felt like I finally belonged. Today was just a smooth as yesterday with more smiling and better times. Today was the exact oppotsite as all if my other days at high school. Today was the day I realized how much of a new leaf I had turned. Today was today. Today was better. Finally, something got better. I'm in a whole new world.