45. The Truth

Camila's POV

On the bus ride to my house, I was anything but ready to actually face my parents right now. Even more than that, I can't even beat around the bush with this topic, seeing as I have these dumbass stitches on the side of my face.

I won't even know where to start. They're going to want answers and they'll want them at that moment, that very second. I won't be able to stand seeing them so torn up over me again. I'm in a good place. I'm still in a good place. Everything that happened yesterday is over. Its over and done with.

Wesley's in jail...for a long time. Drew, he fessed up for being an accomplice. Though I'm about 95% sure he only did that because he has his head stuck so far up of Wesley's ass that he won't survive on his own. Freaking dumbass.

I look out of the window as the familiar houses start to come into view and I recognize that we're now riding down my street and my nerves only amplify as I finally see my house come into view.

The bus finally stops at the bustop near my house and I, along with a few other people who were going to places near, got off of the bus. I stood there for quite some time just staring at my house before I even gathered the courage to walk near it. I walked slowly along the sidewalk as the subtle wind blows through my hair. I place my bag over my shoulder, whereas it was previously dangling by my side in my right hand.

I sigh as I finally reach my porch steps. Through the window I can faintly see my family on the couch entertained by whatever is on the screen in front of them. I see Sofi playing with "Panda Camila" and my heart swells a bit. A faint smile comes to my face as I watch my younger sibling, looking happy for once since I've left college without me being by her side. And then my smile fades as I notice that once I walk inside this house, I'm going to shatter all of their contentment.

Standing outside gathering my thoughts a little longer, I gulp as I grab the keys from my bag and lift them to the lock. I feel as if I'm in a scary movie and once I open the door, some mass murderer is going to jump out and ambush me. I turn the knob to the door and sigh one last time before I open the door and step inside slowly. The door makes a creak sound as I open it with caution causing me to flinch and stop in my tracks as if I had just been caught in the middle of robbing the place.

I hear footsteps, too loud to be Sofi's and too quiet to be my dad's. I open one eye to look at the cause of the sound and see my mother.

"Oh mija! What are you doing here sweetheart?" She comes up to me rather quickly with a face eating grin. I was wondering why she wasn't spazzing yet but I remembered that the stitches were on my right cheek, and the living room was to my left. And considering the fact that I haven't moved an inch since I stepped inside, she hasn't seen the right half of my body yet.

"Honey?" She says pulling me out of my thoughts. I shut the door behind me and remain in my same stance. No way am I moving right now. She looks so happy to see me.

"Hey mami." I say with a fake smile. I hear more footsteps as my father appears beside my mom moments later with the same matching smile as hers. Then I see a flash from behind him as Sofi runs up to me and latches onto my leg.

"KAKI!" She screams and she squeezes my legs. I can't help but smile at my little sister's affection as I reach my hand down and tussle with her hair a bit.

"Hi butterfly queen 1." I smile.

"Hey babygirl, we weren't expecting to see you until the weekend." My father says. I move my eyes to his direction, not turning my head one bit. "Oh yeah I know dad, I just um missed you guys. I wanted to surprise you is all." I smile.

I wonder how long I can keep this up.

"Kaki! Kaki! What's that on your face?" I hear from below me, causing my smile to fade as I look down at Sofi, who was now intently staring at my cheek.