26. "Psycho-regui"

Lauren's POV

"Okay so, it was last year...CeCe Frey, whose also my ex-girlfriend, was throwing some big party..."

*flashback*

"Yeah...yeah I'll see you there babe." I say as I hand up the phone and start rummaging through my closet for an outfit. "Hm...no...no...nah...oh! Perfect." I say grabbing a black dress that reaches just above my knees and fits my body perfectly. I turn around laying the dress on my bed as I look through my make up bag for my eyeliner and mascara.

"Going out again tonight?" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see my roommate, Carly, taking off her coat and dropping her keys onto her dresser as she falls onto her bed with a sigh. "Yup. You should come." I say returning my attention to my makeup bag, finally finding the items I was searching for and heading to a mirror to start on my eyes. I can see her glaring at me from behind as I look into the mirror.

"For the one hundredth time, no. We're just freshman, and something about these parties that she always throws seems off don't you think Laur?" I hear her say. I began to retort but she cuts me off. "...and yes I know CeCe's your girlfriend, she's an upperclassmen, she knows what she's doing, yada ya whatever, but I heard her that nothing good every comes from those parties..." She says uneasy.

I finish up my mascara and go straight for the eyeliner as I shake my head and roll my eyes at her comment. "I've been to like three already, nothings happened. Plus, Luis, Alexa and Vero are coming to get me. They always look out for me." I shrug. "Correction, they always pick you up, take you there, get you drunk, and bring you back so that you throw up all over our dorm room." She sighs. "It just seems...wrong. Plus why do you even hang out with them...how did you even start hanging out with them. We hardly talk to the Seniors around here...where did they come from?" She asks.

I finish up my makeup after applying some lipstick and slight blush to my cheeks. I turn around and go back to my bed and grab the dress.

"They're friends of CeCe's...meaning they're good people okay? Plus they basically all run this school so why not try and make friend with them eh?" I shrug. I look over to her to see her clearly unconvinced as to anything I saying right now, giving me a sad glare. "Is Demi at least going like she always does?" I shake my head. "She's with family this weekend." She looks at me worriedly.

"Look. I'll be fine. And one day I'll convince you to join me...be a little adventurous." I scrunch my nose and eyebrows as I smile and shake my head playfully. "Now, I'm gonna go get dressed." I say walking towards the bathroom, patting her shoulder on the way.

*30 minutes later*

-knock knock-

"Ah, they're here. Are you sure you don't wanna come? There's still some time to spruce you up and you can join ussssss?" I say stretching out the 'us' in a playful tone. She shakes her head as she looks up from the book she was reading and peeks over her glasses. "I'm positive. Have fun." She says dryly. I shrug and start to walk to the door, before I open it she stops me. "Oh and Lauren?" I turn around to meet her gaze. "Hm?" I raise my eyebrows. "Be careful." She says seriously. "Aren't I always?" I giggle.

I open the door and are met with Luis, Alexa and Vero. They all smirk and look at me. "Not bad." Vero says with a friendly smirk. "Ah bad at all, Jauregui." Luis winks at me, causing Alexa to elbow him hardly in the ribcage. "Stop drooling Lu, wouldn't want CeCe to figure out you've tried to flirt with her girl." She laughs. "Eh whatever." Luis then peeks over my shoulder and looks at Carly on her bed, who has now continued her reading. He points in her direction with a sly smirk on his face. "Your loser roomie staying in again tonight?" He says loud enough that I'm sure Carly could hear him. I look back to her and see that she didn't even bother to put the book down but ignored his comment. I turn back to them and put on a half smile. "Uh yeah...but let's go." I say walking out of the room and closing the door behind me.