38. Stay Ready

Camila's POV

"White teeth teens are out.." Lauren's voices fades as she opens her eyes.

I'm the first to stand up and scream while clapping harder than I ever have in my life. The crowd soon joins in and gives her a standing ovation. I can see her beaming expression as she looks out in the audience. She obviously can't believe she did that good. Her eyes find mine and I wink, giving her a thumbs up. She returns the gesture, gives a bow and runs off of stage.

Before I can collect my thoughts she's in my arms, hugging me. She picks me up and squeals. I giggle at her playful mood. As she puts me down and looks into my eyes I place a hand on her cheek.

"You did amazing baby. I'm so proud of you." I smile. "Now kiss me you fool." I wink. She giggles before leaning down and giving me a passionate kiss which was shortly interrupted by Dinah. I turn to her and glare. She throws her hands up in defense. "Hey, I'm captain of the Camren ship and everything but can I puh-lease congratulate the girl on her performance before you tongue her down? Gosh." She scoffs. I roll my eyes, dropping one of my arms from Lauren's shoulder and nodding.

"GURLLLLLLLL. That was hot. I loved it! Glad Mila changed her mind and came down here, and I'm glad she dragged me with her, though she almost caught an uppercut to the chin when she threw me in the car, I must say, it was amazing!" She screams. I shake my head putting my hand up to my head to run my temple. "Okay, that's enough, go wait in the car." I told her. "...but I didn't even tell Lauren about how much drool you got on your shirt while she was playin-" "THE CAR." I point towards the door. "You're no fun Chancho." She pouts while walking past me and Lauren and outside.

Lauren looks down at me with raised eyebrows. "Drooling huh?" She chuckles. I playfully smack her arm. "No. I was no where near drooling." I laugh. "You did look pretty cute up there though. Ya know, had you have went another minute singing, I would've collapsed from the hotness." I say fanning my face with my hand. She smirks and looks down at my lips, then back into my eyes. "Remind me why I'm with such a dork?" She says not breaking my gaze. "Oh I can give you many reasons." I say seductively leaning back into her. Right before our lips touch we're interrupted again.

"Lauren that was amazing!" I hear Keaton's voice yell. Lauren breaks her hold on me and turns around as Keaton engulfs her into a bear hug. "I knew you could do it! That was great Laur." He sighs while rubbing her back. I roll my eyes and cross my arms in front of me while I wait for their lingering hug to end.

Keaton opens his eyes and catches my pointed look, quickly stepping away from Lauren and turning red as he looks down. "Uh yeah, just wanted to let you know how great it was." He stutters. She grips his shoulder and rubs up and down his arm affectionately as she smiles. "None of this would've been possible without you Keaton so thank you! And thanks for believing in me." She says with a warm smile.

Am I not standing right here?

Lauren suddenly turns back to me and sighs while smiling. I quickly hide my jealous expression and give a small smile before she speaks. "Uh well I guess we should get out of here huh? Want to go for pizza?" She says happily. I nod and look back to Keaton. "Night Keaton." I mumble while turning on my heel and walking out of the restaurant. I hear Lauren tell Keaton goodnight before following me.

Lauren's POV

It was Friday. Another open mic night at Lenny's. I'd never quit on this place, I think being a part of these open mic nights is my favorite thing to do on campus now.

I smile as I enter the restaurant and take in the familiar scent of the place. I smile as I look around and spot a few of the familiar faces of the people who regularly attend these nights. I greet a few of them and then head over to sit by the juke box, quietly as I see the first act already up on stage. I usually perform in the third spot.