23. Just The Campus Psycho

Lauren's POV

"Lauren? Lauren? Wake up." I hear a familiar voice called out to me. "Lauren...Lauren please!" They plead again.

I try to open my eyes, and as I do, all I see is fuzziness. Its all a blur but I see light and a figure standing over me. I feel a damp towel on my forehead as I close my eyes again now feeling the excruciating headache washing over me suddenly. I groan out in pain as I shift my body.

"Wh-Where am I?" I struggle to breathe out. "In your car. I was so close to driving you back to the dorms and calling and ambulance, I thought you'd never wake up." He panics. I can now tell that that is none other than the voice of Keaton. I don't know what happened, but I know whatever it was he definitely saved my ass. And yet Camila can't fucking forgive the guy.

"Wh-what hap..." I struggle. "I was coming back to get you and as I approached I saw you and some people arguing. You look furious to say the least and then you grabbed a vase and threw it against a wall. Some guy lunged for you but I punched him in his skull. I kinda dragged you off before a crowd came though, you passed out in my arms." He explains.

At that moment I found the strength to turn to him. I groan at my movements but opened my eyes as I looked him in the eyes. He was petrified and holding his now bruised right knuckle. He gave me a weak smile and repositioned the towel on my head.

"I found this towel in your trunk, I know it might not seem so sanitary but I dipped it in the lake to get it wet. I'm so sorry I was just trying to wake you up." He explains. I weakly wave him off and return his smile. "Thank you Keaton...if you weren't in there then...hell I don't know what I'd be into right now." I say. I reach over and pick up his injured hand and lightly stroke his knuckles. "Sorry you hurt yourself trying to defend me." I frown. "I shouldn't have even came..." I trail off taking a deep exasperated sigh. "You're certainly welcome Laur-" "LAUREN!"

I snap my head to the front of the car, where my lights were dimly shining onto...Demi and Camila? Demi looked somewhat relieved, with a hand on her hip as she shook her head in disbelief. Camila on the other hand was fuming as she glared at Keaton, now making her way to the driver's side where he was sitting.

"YOU DISGUSTING FUCKING IDIOT!" She screams. "GET THE HELL OUTTA THE CAR...NOW." She demands as she pulls the door open and grabs Keaton roughly. Keaton doesn't protest and just obeys, stepping out of my car and trying to distance himself from Camila. "Woah, Camila chill...this is not what it-" "Shut up! You bully me in school! Make my life a living hell and when I thought maybe JUST maybe I wouldn't have to see you again, you come here and try to take my girlfriend away from me? Hell no." She spat with a finger on his chest. "I will NOT let you manipulate her just because she's drunk, got that? Now leave, you asshole." She grimaces.

I finally had enough of her screaming to the point I thought my headache would become permanent...no matter how hot she sounded defending me.

"Camz! Would you please!" I yell from inside my car. "He was helping me...helping." I repeat. "But-" "NO." I scream. This time, I was louder than Camila, and from my view, I could see everyone was taken aback by my outburst.

"No! You need to stop! Stop treating him like complete shit! He might've done some things to you in the past, but he's changed. He feels bad enough, living day after day thinking of all the crap he put you through, he even apologized. A sincere fucking apology! He's been nothing but patient and kind since you saw him again! Why can't you see that?" I yell. I clench my eyes shut as I slap my headboard and continue.

"You don't know what it feels like to have someone HATE you, and you can't do anything to change that. To have someone think of you and feel absolute...hatred. He apologized! You don't know how it feels not to be able to apologize. What its like to suffer every damn day because of some stupid choices you made! Nobody wants to give anybody a break! Or a second chance, or a fucking opportunity to explain. It sucks to be known as the campus psycho!" "Lauren..." Demi warns. She knows my sensitivity of the subject, and she knows now that my rant is no longer about Keaton...but me.

At this point I'm in tears, my cheeks are flushed and my mascara is running down my face as I sob lightly, eyes still clenched to try to prevent any more of them to slip out. I try hard to block out everything around me and calm myself down. That only working for a few seconds as I let out and exaggerated scream as I break down once again crying in my seat.

I feel my door being opened as the lack of support my arm had was removed and I fall into the arms of whoever had opened the door. I continue my sobbing in their arms.

"Shh Laur, Shh." I hear Demi say quietly into my ear. I clench tightly onto her as I try to steady my breathing. "It shouldn't have happened..it wa-wasn't suppose to end up...like that. I never told her I was sorry." I breathe in between gasps, feeling the deja vu of what I told Demi a few nights ago. She just continues to shh me as she rubs my back.

After I've calmed down a little more, she stands me to my feet and places me back into my original spot in the passenger seat of my car and closes the door. I shut my eyes and rest my head against the head rest as now my headache has doubled due to the severe crying I just did. I open my eyes slightly to see what's going on around me as nobody has spoken a word.

I see Demi let out a breath as she runs her hands through her hair, I see Keaton looking at me worried with his hand on his opposite forearm. And then I see Camila, with tear stained cheeks, looking down towards the ground and biting her lower lip, suppressing a sob.

"Here Lauren, I'll drive you bac-" "No." I cut her off quietly. "Keaton can drive me back, just take your car." I mumble. I see out the corner of my eye that Camila glanced up at me with a face of shock, but I dare not meet her gaze.

"Sure?" She says timidly. "Yeah...just take Camila home." I say. "But Lauren-" Camila tries to chime in, but I cut her off as well. "Just go home Camila." I snap a bit harshly. She glances back towards the ground obviously defeated and bites her lip once more. She starts off into the distance and walks towards Demi's car before disappearing in the darkness. "I'm checking on you as soon as we get back, got it?" Demi says sternly. I just simply nod, not meeting her, what I know, is an intimidating gaze.

She walks away and Keaton jumps into my car, and starts the engine...
----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Wow, 1K views. Thanks for reading guys <3
I was thinking of changing the name of the story...I don't know yet.
Anyways's you're all BO$$E$ for reading this so thank you! :*