16. Stubborn

Camila's POV

Its been a few days since the debacle between Lauren and I. I've been avoiding her in every way possible.

No texts.
No calls.

I don't look at her in music.
I leave whenever she comes over to work on that project with Ally.

I'm not even mad at her anymore. I haven't been since that night. I more mad with myself for letting it escalate into what it did.

I treated her coldly in the midst of it all. She had nothing but good intentions and I just lost my cool and couldn't see her true motives. She wanted to help.

I sigh as I look up to the ceiling and close my eyes. They shoot open again as I look towards my now violently vibrating phone that's laying next to my left hand almost falling to the floor before I put my index finger on it to control its balance.

I didn't pick it up though. I didn't check to see who it was. I already knew.

"Mila...that's 6 times within the last half hour. This girl is picking up speed." She tries to joke and get a laugh out of me, but instead I only reply with a exasperated sigh.

I feel the weight on my bed shift down signaling that Dinah came and sat beside me.

"Talk to her Chancho." She rubbed my arm. "And what if I don't want to?" I snapped. She raised her eyebrows in a bit of a shock to how I reacted. "Camila, you miss her. And after hearing the story for myself I think you should at least tell her why you blew up at her...and Keaton." She says.

"Its just not that simple. She made the biggest deal out of it. Like she knew what he had done, or like she actually liked him..." I sighed.

"You're just gonna hide from her forever?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

I get out of my bed, ignoring Dinah's question. Fiddle with my messy hair, I throw it into a bun and put on my Ed Sheeran sweatshirt. I grab my bag and throw it over my shoulder as I turn back to her.

"That was the plan." I mumble before stepping out of the room and heading down out of the building to walk to music.

I spent the last 5 days not talking to Lauren and I could certainly go more if I needed to.

Every time I thought about giving in and talking to her, I thought back to how defensive she was that night. I thought about how protective she got over someone she knows absolutely nothing about.

And after I kept thinking about more and more, I resented myself for being so damn stubborn.

Lauren's POV

I walked out of my building and into the open fresh air and breathed in the familiar surroundings.

Here it goes. Another day without Camila. Another day of her avoiding me and refusing to speak to me. It hurts me to know that I really must have hit a sore spot by trying to reason with her about Keaton.

Today I have to get her to talk to me. I mean I've sent so many texts and left a multitude of voicemails...I know she's read or listened to some of them.

I pick up my speed a bit as I make my way towards music class. I have the door to the building in my eye sight when a hand touches my shoulder. I turn around to see a familiar face from a few nights ago.

"Whoa. Oh, you scared me." I breathe heavily. "I'm so sorry haha. Um Lauren right?" He asks pointing a finger at me. "Yeah yeah. You know my name?" I squint and tilt my head to the side slightly.

"Oh! I know your last name but I kinda heard you and Camila's..." He paused and looked to the ground not really knowing how to word his sentence. "Oh...you saw that." I say feeling a little uneasy. "Yeah, I was taking my break. I kinda walked out and saw...sorry. Um I was just wanting to tell you thanks." He shoves his hands in his jacket pockets.