46. Good Terms

Lauren's POV

"Here, here's my number. I'll actually be able to get out of this place pretty soon, I'll only come back for my physical therapy sessions. Maybe we could all link up?" Carly suggests. I nod eagerly as we all exchange numbers.

"Thank you Carly." I smile.

"What for?" She asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"For giving me a chance to finally see you again. You may not know this, but you are my biggest inspiration. You're so strong. I will never be able to fathom how you're smiling right now, but I'm glad you are, and I can never apologize enough for my actions, but I'm more than glad that you forgive me anyways. So thank you." I smile again.

"What'd I tell you about getting sappy?" She jokes. "...you're welcome." She adds with a smirk. "So we're definitely hanging soon?" She asks. Demi and I nod vigorously.

"You bet." I agree.

Camila's POV

"Are you sure you're okay Mija?" My mom strokes my injured cheek softly. I nod and give a small smile.

"Mama I made it." I joke and chuckle at myself. I look up to see them not smiling but glaring at my joke. "Too soon?" I smile.

"We will definitely be checking up on you more often, understand?" My dad says sternly.

"Yes sir."

"We're proud of you Camila." He adds while kissing my forehead.

"I love you both." I smile. "Well, I basically ditched my first two classes today...so I think I should get back to catch the last one." I chuckle.

"Need a ride sweetheart?" My mom asks. I shake my head gently and look at my phone for the time. "My bus should be here in a few minutes, I know you have to go pick up Sofi in a bit, its fine." I decline.

Just then my phone begins to ring and I look down to the cellular device in my hand to see Lauren's contact picture appear.

"Hold on really quick mami and papi." I say to my parents before walking up near the stairs and taking a seat on the third one.

"Uh hi babe, what's up?" I say nervously, still not knowing what mood she's in currently. This morning she seemed out of it. I don't know where she went with Demi or what's going on but I guess I'll just approach her cautiously.

"Hey Camz, whatcha up to? I know its a little after lunch but I was thinking we could go grab some food maybe? Or something? I miss you, and I really want to see you right now." She says ecstatically.

Okay...glad her mood is improved.

"Um y-yeah. I'd like that actually." I say a bit surprised.

"Great. I'll come to you dorm and get you in about...20 minutes?"

"Ah I'm actually at my parents house, I came to tell them about yesterday." I explain.

"Ooh..hey I'll come get you then. I kind of have things to tell you about today, and you can tell me about your day aswell? Sound like a plan?" She asks.

I nod then realize that she can't see me and reply a simple 'mhm'.

"Great, well I'm actually right down the street from your parents place so I'll just come say hey as well. I'll see you in a minute babe." She hangs up.

I turn back to my parents who look at me as if I was receiving a call from the president.

"Oh that was just Lauren. She's actually gonna come get me, she's almost here." I smile.