7. Missed

Camila's POV

As I finally reach my dorm room I'm still pretty fluttered by my huge sense of confidence that I conjured up with Lauren back at her room. I can't believe I have a date with her Friday. Score 1 for Camila.

I open my door and as a small body clenches to my leg.

"KAKIIIII!!" My little sister screams. I quickly pick her up and squeeze her small frame tightly. "Hey princess! How are you?" I breathe out before she holds onto me even tighter.

"I miss you Kaki, I really do. Come home." She cries.

I exchange a meaningful glance with my mom who looks just about as heartbroken as I feel hearing Sofi cry into my shoulder. I lift her up gently so that she's looking at me.

"I miss you too Sofi, and I really wish I could come home, but I'm in college, I have to go to school here princess."

She obviously wasn't happy with that answer as she went back to quietly weeping on my shoulder. It breaks my heart to see her like this. And this is only with me being gone for about 2 days.

I'm usually always around. I knew my mom and dad were gonna miss me a little, but I forgot about the huge toll this would take on Sofi. I'm always there for her. And we've never really been separated before. I think now that I noticed I wouldn't see her as often I can easily feel her pain, and its taking everything for me not to slip a few tears myself.

I place her gently down on the ground and put my hand on her shoulders as I look straight into her eyes.

"I'll tell you what. I'll come home this weekend for sure. And then I'll always come back for the holidays, okay? And I'll try my best to just come anytime I can." I say pinching her cheeks.

"Don't leave me." She whispers as she embraces me into another hug.

This time I can't hold back any tears, they're slowly making their journey down my cheeks. I look up to my mom, Dinah and Normani who have been closely watching our conversation and they seem to be holding back tears of their own.

"I will never leave you Sofi, I won't always be around, but I will never ever leave you. I'm always with you okay?" I plead rubbing her back. "I'm always gonna be here. I love you so much Sofi."

"I love you too Kaki." She smiles.

I pick her back up and walk over to my bed and hold her as she lets out a few more sniffles.

"Hey mami." I smile. "Hey mija, how was your first day?" She asks. "It was good, still not completely over I have another class in about 2 hours. Overall its been great." I explain.

I softly run my fingers through Sofi's hair as I realize she's dozing off into a peaceful slumber.

"I'm sorry mami." I whisper, trying not to stir Sofi. "I forgot you said you were bringing Sofi by, I got kinda caught up in some stuff I guess." I shake my head.

"I heard. Who's this friend that your roommate was telling me about?" She questions. I turn my head to Dinah who looks at me wide eyed and mouthed 'sorry'.

"Oh it was no one mom, just some guy. He was only giving me a tour of the campus. We were gonna do lunch but I nicely declined. I see out of the corner of my eye that Normani and Dinah are looking at me confused. I know they still think I actually ate lunch with Austin, but I'll tell them about that later.

My mom nods and begins to get her things. "Well Mija, I wish me and Sofi could stay longer but she has her dance class in an hour and she needs to go home and get ready." She says opening her arms about to take Sofi.

"Hold on mami." I look down to Sofi who has now been fully engulfed into a nap. She's so adorable. I really am going to miss being around her like I usually am.

"I love you so much Sofi. I'll see you as soon as I can. Remember. I will never leave you." I place a gentle kiss on her forehead and hand her over to my mom as I kiss her on her cheek and walk them to the door.

After I finally close it and turn around, Normani and Dinah both bear hug me at the same time. Its comforting and suffocating all at once.

"Guys...can't breath here." I manage to choke out. As they release their grip on me they playfully apologize.

"Your sister is adorable!" Normani screams. "She made me cry, aw I'm sorry you can't see her as much Chancho." Dinah pats my shoulder. "Thanks Cheechee. No worries though I'll make sure to go home more often now." I give a pleasing smile.

"Now." She says with a sigh as she sits on her bed, followed by Normani. "Why...did you not go out with Austin?" She asks.

I sit on my bed facing them and take a deep breath. "Guys, Austin is awfully sweet...but I dunno if I can date him. I don't see him in that way...I guess." I shrug.

"Well I mean, you just met the guy. Why not give him a chance? You could've at least had lunch with him." She says. "And if you weren't with Austin just then...where were you?" Normani asks confused.

Here we go. I start to explain everything that has happened these couple of days...

-----------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry for the short chapter. More Camren in soon, I promise.