50. MMO

Camila's POV

"Thank you guys so much for helping me with this." I smile at my three best friends and girlfriend.

"Well after the begging and pleading..." Normani starts.

"Don't forget that adorably annoying puppy dog face." Dinah adds.

"And the fact that this song is amazing." Ally chimes in.

"Not to mention we love you, you little dork." Lauren smiles at me. "How could we not?"

We all take a deep breath and link hands as Keaton walks up to the stage and runs up the steps, not before looking out way and giving us a comforting wink.

"Alright everyone! These next five...what cam I say?" He shrugs. "They probably deserve way more than any introduction i can give them but needless to say they will definitely blow you all away. You've had the pleasure of hearing two of them already here on this good ol' wobbly stage." He jokes as the crowd giggles.

"And now they've joined forces with three other amazingly talented girls and they'll be performing an original song. So without any further a do. I know you're tired of hearing my voice so please give it up for Camila, Lauren, Dinah, Normani and Ally!" He gestures a hand to us and waves us up as the crowd claps.

On stage, I go sit in front of my piano and Lauren already has her guitar strapped around her shoulders. The girls all take their places by the microphones set up and we all exchange a encouraging look and warm smile. I glance at Lauren who is already looking at me with a small smile. She mouths 'You got this babe' and turns back to the crowd. I take a deep breath as I look down at my keys and begin to play.

"Ahhhh. Ah-ahh-ahh-ahhhh." The girls harmonize.

"I'm breaking down gonna start from scratch

shake it off like an etch-a-sketch

my lips are saying goodbye

my eyes are finally dryyyyy-yyy."

I look over to Dinah who winks at me before my beautiful girlfriend begins to sing, instantly catching my attention as continue to play the piano.

"I'm not the way that I use to be

I took the record off repeat
It killed me but I survived
And now I'm coming ali-ive!

I'll never be that girl again
No oh oh
I'll never be that girl again
Noo-oooo

My innocence is wearin' thin
But my heart is growing strong
So call me, call me, call me

Miss movin' on!
Oh oh oh

Yeah.

By now the crowd were all on their feet and dancing to the music. I've never seen such energy in this place at once, heck. Even the workers in the back had stopped for a second to fist pump with everyone.

I smiled as I played and sung my heart out. I continue to glance over at my friend every once in a while, smiling rather widely seeing them enjoy this just as much as I am, if not more.

"I'm moving on!"

As we finish up the song, the applause and standing ovation we receive is almost overwhelming. The shock on our faces as the crowd goes wide is indescribable.

We all walk up to the middle of the stage and stand hand in hand looking out to the mass amount of people cheering us on. I feel Lauren squeeze my had and pull me into her side.

"I'm so proud of you babe." She kisses my cheek. A not so subtle blush creeps up on my cheeks as we all take one big bow as Keaton rushes onto stage pulling us into a group hug which we gladly reciprocate.

*****
"I have to say...that was the best performance I've seen on this campus by far. I'm extremely proud of you girls." Keaton beams.

Lenny's had closed for the night but Keaton had invited us all to stay after hours and have a free round of pizza on him. Lauren even called Demi up and invited her. She had watched the show and stayed with us.

We were all in a pretty large booth. Normani, Ally and Keatom on one side while Dinah, Demi, Lauren and I occupied the other. Lauren had her arm protectively wrapped around me as I snuggled into her side and she fed me my pizza.

"Yeah, I never knew you had those crazy songwriting skills Mila!" Mani exclaims.

"Yeah, you absolutely killed it." Demi agrees.

"I just wrote what I felt...now I think I finally understand how you do it babe." I turn my attention to my girlfriend and grasp her empty hand, intertwining our fingers.

"You're a natural." She winks. "I don't know if I've ever said it, but I am so proud of you. You've really overcame all of your struggles and all of that pain that you were harboring inside. You're really inspiring." She smiles down lovingly at me.

"Me? What about you missy? You've done the same thing. I mean with what you've been through last year, you still kept being strong. You might think you lost your way a bit but you found it again so quickly. And I'm so lucky to have you in my life. You're the real inspiration here." I kiss her cheek.

"You two are adorable." Ally smirks.

"I know right, I am so proud to be captain of this ship." Dinah laughs stuffing her mouth full of pizza.

I glance around at all of my friends and I sigh in contentment. This is what I was hoping for when I walked onto campus the first day.

I found a way to explore. I've done my fair share of everything in these last couple months here at Miami U, and I got out and into the real world.

I've expressed myself. I've written out my feelings, I've gotten deeper into my music. I've found someone that I can confide in...well five someones I can confide in. Five someones I trust.

And I've evolved. I have finally changed into the person I was afraid to become when I was in high school. That person I wanted to be was always too shy to find a way, too scared of what others may think. I changed for the better, I finally gotten out of this shell and I've become the clumsy weirdo I always was but was just hidden. I've become Camila. And I'm proud.
-------------------------------------------------
A/N : First off thank you all for reading and following along with this story, I loved writing it. I hope you enjoyed and liked it and if you did then...SURPRISE SURPRISE. 🎊🎊🎊 I've just uploaded the first chapter for a new Camren fanfic that I'm writing called "The Backstage Pass".

If you liked this then hopefully you can go check that out? 😘
And once again thanks for 25k+ views, 1k+ likes and 100+ comments and counting. This story is getting more views and I'm more than happy so thank you all.
-Jaz 💋