17. Carrion

Dinah's POV

"Dinah, you might as well go to that party, because I am NOT singing tonight." She says once again. I shook my head at her words. Never had I ever thought of her to be so stubborn.

"Whatever Mila, I'm still coming. I heard that party would be a bust anyways." I shrug. "Well then why were you planning on going?" She asks. "I wanted to get YOU out of this dorm. Other than classes, you've been submerged in your bed. It's pitiful. Look at this." I say motioning to the many pizza boxes, grease stains and crumpled sheets on her bed.

"You need some sort of outlet." I continue. "When I walked in and heard you losing yourself in that song I just...you looked like you were happy for a moment." I admit. She gave me a small smile and placed her hand on my knee. "Cheechee. I'm fine. Yeah I've had better days, but it'll all blow over once--" "You fix things with Lauren." I cut her off knowing that wasn't what was going to come out of her mouth. She glares at me and then shrugs my words off.

"So...is she gonna be there tonight?" I ask. She shrugs once more. "I dunno. Doesn't really matter to me. I'm going to get a good homework grade. Nothing more or less." She says calmly.

Lauren's POV

"So Lauren! Glad you made it...and on time." Mr. Morris winks at me letting out a hearty chuckle. "Yeah, I was kind of hoping to perform this song I've been working on lately. Maybe it'll help release some of this built up stress." I say with a smile. "I hope so. Can't wait to hear it kiddo. Go sign your name on that list right over there and have a seat." He points to a sign up sheet by the door.

I went and signed my name. This is exactly what I needed. The only way to help with any of my problems is to pour myself into music. Its my outlet for everything. I write about everything. I dive into my music and it relaxes and soothes me.

I wasn't planning on seeing Camila there tonight. She probably isn't up for running into me tonight. I'm sure at this point she's sick of my face...well that's what it seems like. We've gone almost a full week with no contact and deep down that makes me cringe. It hurts me that to see her hurt...and especially because of something I did.

As 6:30 came around, and more and more of my classmates from music started to pour into the Pizza Shack, I got a bit nervous at how many people were filling this small place up. It felt nice though. I don't usually perform. And I'm sure I'll be one out of about a couple people in my class to actually get up and perform.

I'm not doing it for the extra credit at all. I'm acing that class. Its my favorite class of them all. Nothing compares to the feel of it. It came easily, a natural thing. I was doing it for me. To finally get my mind off of Camila. Well, maybe not her directly, because nothing could actually get me to stop thinking about her. I guess to get my mind off of the situation we're in.

Almost as if in sync with my thoughts I see the mesmerizingly beautiful brunette walk into the restaurant with her friend, Dinah. I was positioned in a corner of the place so I was out of view, but I could see everything and everyone.

I saw them take a seat near the back in a small booth and begin to converse with one another. Dinah kept pulling Camila's hand in a plea manner and Camila was shaking her head. I kept my eyes on their booth...well more on Camila, until I hear a tap of a microphone and a throat clear from the speakers placed around the shack.

"Eh hem. Alright! So tonight, we're tweaking it a bit. My man Morris over here has brought in a few of his students from his music class. Lets all show them some love!" The shack owner yells as the crowd applauds. "Alright! We're gonna have his students come forth first? That alright with you guys?" The crowd applauds lightly again. "Mmk. The list here..." He scans the list he had snatched up before walking onto stage. "First up...Perrie Edwards!" He shouts as the girl walks up to the stage, waving and smiling.