30. Together Pt. 2

Camila's POV

"This really is a nice and serene place Lo, how'd you ever find it?"

"Well...the night of that party last year, after I got kicked off of campus and my parents had to come get me...they took me home and I snuck out. I needed to clear my head a bit." She explains. "I ran and ran, I could've sworn my lungs were on fire when I finally stopped to see where I was...and I was here." She says with a small smile. "It was the most peaceful place I could find in downtown Miami, away from everything and everyone. I turned off my phone and laid out by the lake for the rest of the night." She continued. "Probably wasn't the safest idea, but my mind was way too fucked up to think about my safety. Let's just say when I got home, I was in way more trouble with my parents than I was before." She shrugged with a chuckle. "So thinking of that situation, and now yours...I wanted to share this place with you...it could be like our little getaway if you want." She smiles looking at me.

"I'd like that." I say with a cheesy grin plastered across my face. "Its really calm here. Feels like another world." She says dipping a hand into the lake. "Being with you makes me feel like I'm in whole other world." I state matter of factly as I gaze at her profile, the sun radiating off of her face. "You sure do have a way with words, Dr. Smooth." She chuckles planting a soft kiss on my cheek.

We sit and bask in the beauty of the sight before us for about another half hour. We talk to each other about everything and nothing as we sit and enjoy each others company. I finally got her to relax a bit and eased a bit of her stress towards what happened back at the Waffle House.

"Okay so now..." I say pulling her up and directing her back to the car. " We're gonna go get some lunch. "I'm gonna drop you off back at you're place." She looks at me a bit confused. "That's it? I mean I love ending off a date with food but...what about the rest of the day? And tonight?" She asks. "We'll get there babe...just enjoy the moment. I promise, it'll all be worth it later on." I wink. We get into the car and I take off to a deli up the street.

******

"Okay, I'll text you a little later and tell you where to meet me tonight alright?" I smile. "...You're not picking me up?" She says a bit surprised. I shake my head and chuckle a bit. "Nope. But don't worry, its not that far, I'll even walk myself." I wink, and speed off without letting her respond. "See ya tonight beautiful!" I yell back to her.

Camila's POV

I make my way back up to the dorms and see that all of the girls are in me and Dinah's room singing to karaoke.

"Wow, you guys actually don't suck. Who would've known?" I joked. "You be hating Chancho." Dinah yells with her pretend toothbrush microphone in her hands. "So...are you alright?" Ally asks concerned, turning down the loud music. I shrug and put on a honest grin. "Yeah I'm actually pretty good now. Lauren's really helping. Oh and thanks for trying to comfort me earlier in the car guys. I need to learn how to react when those jerks come around." I say tackling them in a hug. "Glad you're happy now. So we need to find you an outfit for tonight." Normani smiles while dragging me towards my closet.

"How do you know I'm going out tonight?" I question her. "We all know, silly." Ally laughs. "We're Camren's angels Chancho." Dinah says holding up her hand in the form of a gun and striking the silliest of poses. "Do you guys know something I don't?" I narrow my eyes at them. "Yes." Ally says plainly. "...you're always clueless though Mila, so that's nothing new. Now stop the chatter and let's get with the glammer." Normani winks.

*3 hours later*

"Guys come on, I look like a...a-"
"Goddess?" "Runway model?" "Beauty pageant QUEEN!" They scream. I shake my head and laugh. "I was gonna say a reject Lea Michelle but sure, those are cool too. Why are you making me all...dolly?" I ask with wide eyes. "Just because tonight." Ally smiles while tousling my hair, which they've curled and made bouncy. "That's all the explanation I get...really?" I raise an eyebrow. "Stop being so against it, you know you look good. Roll with the flow Mila."