S5 Chapter 1-30

10 YEARS LATER *lauren woke up to her alarm clock going off at 5am. alex woke up too & they both got into the shower. after their shower they got ready & went downstairs. they decided to make pancakes this morning. this is their daily morning routine. by the time it was six they had breakfast done & had lunch things out. lauren went upstairs to wake up the kids. she went towards masons room & she knocked on the door. she lightly opened it*
lauren: mason, it's time to get up baby.
mason: five more minutes please mom.
lauren: make it two. mason you know you get upset when you sleep in. i won't let you do that to yourself. *lauren left and went towards hazels room as she did the same thing, knock them walk in*
lauren: hazelll oh hazellll. it's 6, better wake up. maybe mommy will have time to do your hair! *lauren went into the bathroom and got everything ready so mason could take a shower & she got the stuff she knew she would probably need for hazels hair. she went back to masons room & she opened the door & walked up to his bed & plopped down*
mason: mom!! lauren: alright mason... if you dont get up i'm going to have to, tickle you awake!! mason: no no!!! i'm getting up. *he jumped out of bed & lauren started laughing.*
lauren: everything is ready for your shower. don't take too long, breakfast is warm. *lauren went downstairs as they got hazels lunch ready for the day while she ate. mason soon came down & they got his lunch packed too. hazel & lauren went into the living room & sat down. lauren decided to give hazel b*tch braids*
hazel: mom. i love when you do my hair like this & when you do it with curl styles. please never stop.
lauren: as long as you promise to never stop wanting it. *lauren finished & it was time for them to go. alex & lauren put their backpacks on their backs. before they left they kissed their foreheads & hugged*
lauren: okay can you both seriously slow down. just yesterday it feels like you both were babies. now i have a ten year old & an eight year old. what am i going to do with you two!
mason: take us to school? *he said laughing.everyone else laughed too* 

lauren: you're just like your dad.

  *lauren & alex dropped off the kids & went back home. lauren was typing away on the computer & barely responding to alex*
alex: are you okay? i know it's been 8 years, but what happened was really emotional.
lauren: i just can't help but think about how lonely hazel feels. it's so told that twins feel things the other one feels. she probably feels very empty & lost in a way.
alex: but is it true?
lauren: how am i supposed to know?? alex: maybe we could ask hazel, maybe it's time to tell her. for some reassurance. she deserves to know.
lauren: it's a hard topic enough for me! forget for someone else. i will NOT tell hazel that she was supposed to have a twin brother. i won't... maybe when she gets older, but i don't want to bring it up to her at all. it was hard enough holding him in my hands & then feeling his warmth turn to cold... & his breathing.. it just stopped. did i somehow kill him by touching him or something? he made it out fine, & then just... just died.

alex: that's normal. sometimes twins make it out, but not always. as much as i wish he would've made it out alive, he didn't. but i couldn't be anymore blessed to say that i have an amazing beautiful daughter named hazel. because everytime i look at her i can see that she's going to turn out amazing. everytime i look at her i can see that she's going to make a change, just like you. i see a young lauren, with the same beautiful hazel eyes. so everytime i look at our young beautiful hazel, i see her amazing hazel eyes that sparkle in the sunlight. as much as i wish the other one made it out, he didn't. but i couldn't be any happier to have hazel, she's so intelligent & beautiful for her age. i'm glad you let me name her hazel, i mean really.

  alex: lauren i love you. no matter what other obstacles we stumble across, i know we can do it. we've made it this far.
lauren: i know. i love you too alex. but i hope you aren't thinking about another child, two is enough. three would be okay i guess but, that doesn't mean i want to have one. because i don't. i'm good.
alex: ahh lauren i love you. no wonder i couldn't resist you.
lauren: ohhh stop it. i have a serious business call i need to get to. *lauren laughed but alex politely left because he knew she had to make an important call. lauren had always dreamed about doing youtube, & also setting her own clothing line up. & she made it happen, she was a busy woman. between diys, vlogs, & her clothing line she was always sitting at the desk doing many different things. they were both very busy, between the kids & working at home making entertaining videos. all alex did was vlogs everyday but he has to give interesting topics. it was around 3 & lauren was done with her calls so they got into the car & went to pick them up. they got in the car & started talking about their day*
hazel: mom, dad .... that same guy kept flirting with me today. but it's like he doesn't want to get to know me. he just likes me because he thinks i'm cute...
alex: well you're a young beautiful woman. but he doesn't know what love is. he just likes what he sees. but hey, if he keeps bothering you maybe try letting him get to know you. maybe he's a really good person? you never know.
hazel: but i want to study on school.
lauren: well alex is right in a way. but at the same time, young love at that age never usually lasts. so if you want to focus on school go ahead. when i was younger i had my first "boyfriend" in second grade. we ate lunch all the time. *lauren laughed looking back on it*