4

I can feel the ground beneath me tremble or maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me but I know that I'm drowning in my emotions right now. They'll just bring me down and I don't want that, I don't need that. The words of Master spin around in my head as I let out a sigh. The two princes are fighting for the throne, history is repeating itself.
I suppose I should have been happy that someone else is doing my task for me but I'm not. I'm furious, I'm born to kill because I'm a machine of vengeance and I won't rest until I get my hands around the Royal Family. I have to destroy them before they destroy themselves.

"Eunha, take Jinheung with you, he can help you." Master Rin tells me firmly. I can't decipher the tone behind his voice, is it out of love or is it as a leader. I nod because I don't know what to say. Am I still I liability? Does he not trust me to keep myself safe? My thoughts are obstacles for me, they bring me down. I close my eyes and force all my thoughts to stop, I don't need them because I don't need anyone or anything. I grew up alone and I will die alone.

I don't miss the urgency in Master's voice when he tells me to take more resources with me. I sit on the cool, hard ground as I wait for Jinheung to arrive. Jinheung is a brave warrior, I admire him but he's too naive and gullible. He's innocent even if his hands are red with blood. He's a child at heart and I don't want to frighten him. He'll suffer next to me but I have no say in this. I have already disobeyed my Master more than once, I don't fear his wrath anymore but I fear that he'll stop me from going to the Capital and I can't afford that.

"Have you thought about what you're going to do, Eunha?" Jinheung askes me as he takes the lead. He has the characteristics of a leader, he has the look which screams that he was born to rule and I don't like that. I take large strides and keep up with him, I make sure we remain next to each other, side by side.

I nod my head as I tightly grab my satchel, "Don't ask me questions when you know I'm not going to answer them." I am a villain, a mistake and I can't be kind to people. That's not me and that will never be me. I'm a monster, a ruthless creation of mankind born to destroy those who destroyed me.

"Why did you even bring me along?" Jinheung questions as I grab a ledge and climb down. The path is dangerous and lonely, we've got no time to rest and it's already nightfall. We are shadows of the night and we can't be seen. I can't help but wonder if Jinheung's musketeers are following us but I force my thoughts to be quiet because they're distracting me.

I pause as I hold a boulder between the hill and take a deep breath. I'm tired and annoyed. I want to reach my destination quick and Jinheung being curious isn't helping me.

"You are skilled and useful," I state as I start moving again, I brace myself and take a huge leap, landing on the flat ground. We've finally reached the ground, the land of common folk like us, the lower caste people.

I continue to walk as I lower the straw hat on my head and reply, "I know you'll save me if time comes but I ask you to not do that."

Jinheung looks confused and I can't blame him, he opens his mouth to say something but I raise a hand and stop. My heart is beating fast across my chest as I place a hand on Jinheung's mouth and drag him behind a wall. Don't move, I mouth to him as my hand reaches for the dagger buried under my leather armour.

My hand grips the cool metal dagger, ready to be taken out, screaming out to shed some blood but I can't, not until I make sure that my target isn't innocent. I move like a shadow wordlessly into the silent night and hide behind a tree.

I rely on my senses and look ahead. It's dark, I can't see anything as there isn't much light. There are a few lampposts along the path but they're too old and too dim. They have become dimmed like the hopes of the people and it's hard to fix them back.

"Did you find His Majesty?" A scared and nervous voice asked quietly. I strain my ears to listen more. I know it's not the King because he cannot be here. He's not that genuine of a person, he doesn't care about his people especially the ones who don't benefit him. Besides the King is old now, he doesn't even perform his duties. He's soon going to give his power to his eldest son, Wang Woobin.

"He escaped with the young master," another voice replied, "They couldn't have gotten far, they're new to this place."

I smirk to myself as I make my way to Jinheung. I think about why the Princes might be here but there is no logical  explanation, I don't know them that well but you don't have to know a person to ruin them. I arrive at the place where I left Jinheung and the wicked grin on my face disappears when I don't see him.
That stupid bastard, I curse him as I take out my blade and turn around, making my gown swirl behind me.

I come face to face with a pair of brown eyes. I'm startled but I don't have enough time to stall. I grab the boy by his shoulders and press him against the wall. The grip on my blade hardens as I press it closer to his neck.

"This is considered as treason." the boy speaks, I can't see his face as it's hidden behind a mask but I know he's beautiful and I loathe him for it. I can see raven hair sticking out of his veil and they're mesmerising. Beauty is treacherous. I'm angry because Jinheung disappeared and because this boy isn't afraid. It seems as if he doesn't know that I'm capable of killing a person.

I reach out for his veil but another hand stops me. I turn around swiftly, one blade in each hand. One towards the throat and one on the heart. The second one is a boy too, he seems young around my age but I've got no remorse. There's a thin veil covering his face too and I can't see if he's quivering in fear or not. His veil lifts a little showing his blood red hair.

"Who are you?" My voice is firm and strong, I don't pretend to hide my hatred as I press the tip of my blade closer to his heart. No one answers me and I'm getting furious by each passing second.

My eyes are focused on the red haired boy as I raise my blade and slash it through the air. It's stuck behind the wall next to the ear of the raven haired boy. His eyes are focused on me and I can see the mischievous glint in them. He's enjoying seeing me trying to scare them. I've realised that they're powerful, I'm about to open my mouth to let out a curse when a hand drags me back, disarming me and taking my blades from me. My hand is twisted behind my back as my face is pressed against the wall. I tilt my face to see who dared to touch me as I let out a laugh when my eyes see a familiar symbol.

The grip on me loosens and I take the chance to break free, I'm a free creature, one that doesn't like to be chained. I turn around and face the two men. They are standing side by side while I'm alone yet I have Jinheung by my side but is he really on my side?

A cruel grin etches onto my face as I bow down to the two men, "Your Majesty."

I can see the shock on the red haired boy's face as he looks down at his hands and hides his bracelet, the Royal Bracelet that is possessed by the two son's of the King. I rise as a mocking grin remains on my face but before I can open my mouth to say something, I am interrupted,

"Your Majesty, this is Eunha." Jinheung bows down to them as my gaze burns a hole through him, "She's the one I told you about."