20

"It's getting tough to keep you inside the palace." Woobin sighs as he runs a hand through his face.

I can see the stress and tension that he hides away from me. I give him a small smile as I shake my head, "It's okay, I'll go back to my Father."

It's been days since I found out that I'm Wang Rin's daughter yet the word Father feels foreign in my mouth.

"You can't," he speaks in a harsh voice and I'm forced to look into his eyes, "Wang Rin is coming here himself, there's a war happening inside the palace."

"A war?" My voice echoes into the huge room and I feel conscious about being alone with Woobin, especially in his room, "I thought the people preferred you over your Father."

"They do," he sighs deeply before he clenches and unclenches his fist, "but there are people who are still hurt and upset by my father's actions and they want to take their anger out on me."

"I'll have to provide you with a new room until then because the servants have been suspicious," He whispers as he stares into my eyes, "You can take your old room, it's been locked away ever since you left."

"Thank you," I whisper softly as I hesitantly reach out for Woobin's hand and squeeze it gently, "Thank you for everything."

Ever since Former King Shi Hyun broke my engagement with Jinheung, the servants and officials give me a suspicious looks whenever they see me in the palace. I know they want me gone because now according to them, I have no ties with the royal family.

If only they knew that I was Soyeon.

"Can you-" Woobin takes a gulp as he avoids my gaze, "Can you sleep here tonight?"

My face feels hot and I feel the room around me squeeze. It's a magnificent room yet I feel suffocated by the tension around us.

"What if someone finds outs?" I ask as I think of the consequences, "If someone finds out, there'll be rumours."

"That's only if they find out," he grins as he stands in front of the mirror and stares at his reflection. My feet take me next to him as we stand side to side, staring at ourselves.

"I'm only a King when I'm next to my Queen." He whispers as his hand reaches up to my pin and unclasps it. My braid loosens as my hair cascade in waves and I feel free.

"I'm your Queen?" I ask as I stare at him from the corner of my eyes, "Are you sure you want me next to you?"

"Yeon-ah, I'll always want you by my side," he takes a step close to me as he tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, "Do you remember when I confessed to you under that ethereal night sky?"

"I do," A smile creeps on my face as I think about those days, "Things changed so much since then."

"Would you want to be my Queen?" He asks me as he takes a step back and stares at me, it's as if he's trying to memorise me.

"You don't have to ask," I whisper as a smile lifts up my lips, "It would be an honour to be your Queen."

The healing smile lightens up his features as he shakes his head and takes off his robe, leaving him in his night gown.

I watch him as he climbs over his bed and lies down, leaving enough space for me. My eyes wander to his peaceful face as he closes his eyes and lies there.

I walk with slow steps and hesitantly lie down next to him. I stare at the ceiling as I feel his gaze on me. There's a small distance between us and I feel grateful for that because my heart is hammering in my chest.

"Good night, Soyeon." I hear his voice and I can see his little smile on his face even if I can't see him.

Sometime that night, I forgot about the what-ifs and slept without worries. In the middle of the night, I wake up to find myself sleeping quite close to Woobin. I feel the weight of his hand that is wrapped around my waist protectively and I smile because he makes me feel safe. I close my eyes and fall back to sleep as the sound of his heart beating rings in my ears.

x x x

I'm sorry for updating after so long but hopefully this will make you feel soft <3

Anyways, what do you think will happen next? The story hasn't even reached it's climax yet.

~I love you all