16

Don't wanna cry by Seventeen <3
Play the song above because it fits perfectly with Eunwoo and Eunha's sad tale.

x x x

You've got the crown, Woobin but I hope you bear it's burden. I think to myself as I try sending him a message, if only he could read my eyes or my thoughts.

I press my nails in my palm to subside the pain in my heart as my thoughts drift back to Woobin's confession. He said he wanted to marry me, he said he would make me happy but I don't know where my loyalties lie. I don't know where my heart lies and to who it belongs but I know for sure that my heart is a traitor.

Our eye contact breaks when Lady Hana stands in front of me, blocking my view of Woobin. I cover my confused look with a comforting smile as she lowers her head and greets me, "Can I sit with you, Lady Eunha?"

"You don't have to ask, Lady Hana." I tell her as I stand up and lower my head towards her, "You're the wife of a Prince, I'm nowhere near you."

"I'm the wife yet I'm not in the heart." She smiles at me but her eyes give away her pain, "You're lucky to be loved, Eunha and please just call me Hana."

"I won't ask you what you're talking about because I know you won't tell me but I hope you get the love you deserve, Hana." I tell her as I squeeze her hand gently.

I'm new at comforting people but I hope my message goes through. Hana looks like a nice girl, she reminds me of Yerin back home, I wonder if I'll ever see her again. I want to hug Yerin and tell her that love exists and one day, she'll get her fairy tale end.

"How did you meet Eunwoo, if you don't mind me asking?" I ask her as I rest my elbows on the table and rest my face in my palm.

"My father visited Former King Shi Hyun a lot, I was a curious young girl and wanted to see the Palace." She smiles as her eyes travel faraway reminiscing the memories, "I bumped into Wang Eunwoo and he scolded me. I was so scared and I began crying," she laughs as she stares at Eunwoo, who stands with an official , "He panicked and hugged me. He patted my back awkwardly and told me to calm down in exchange for a tour of the Palace. I immediately agreed and he fulfilled his promise. It was on the same day that I fell in love with him but Eunwoo asked me to be his friend, he told me he had no friends and got lonely in this huge Palace. My heart broke that day, Eunha but I agreed to his request. I promised him that we'd be friends forever yet here we are."

We sit in peaceful silence as people around us chat and mingle. I smile at Hana as I wrap my hands around her cold ones, "You're brave, Hana. I'd never have the courage to face him if I was you. I'll pray that he sees you more than a friend because he's missing out on a great lady."

Her kind eyes turn glossy as she nods softly, "Thank you for everything, Eunha. I'll always be grateful to you."
You made him happy, you gave him a different kind of happiness. I can never come close to you, Eunha and I won't try to.

Before I ask Hana what she was thanking me for, Minhyung runs up to me and stands near the table as he gasps and tries to steady his breath.

"Jinheung hyung," He relays the message as he looks at Hana and then at me, "He's looking for you."

I laugh at his silliness and bid Hana a farewell as I stand up and gather my gown. I make my way through the crowd as I reach Jinheung who stands with Woobin, they smile at each other and I wonder to myself if they resolved last night's argument about Soyeon. I still have to ask Jinheung about Soyeon, I'm just waiting for the right time.

"Congratulations, Your Majesty." I lower my head towards Woobin who looks at me with a stoic expression.
I know you don't like me referring to you by your title but it's the truth. You're the King and I'm just your subject.

Jinheung lowers his head as he bows towards Woobin, "Excuse us while we go and rest."

He gives me a smile before he turns around, his figure becomes smaller and smaller until it disappears into the crowd.

"Congratulations that you got out of the marriage, Eunha." Woobin whispers to me as I brush past him, my shoulder bumping into his.

I match my pace with Jinheung and catch up to him, we walk in silence until he breaks it.

"I wanted to talk to you, Eunha." Jinheung smiles as he jumps around in the empty hallway. He reminds me of the Jinheung back home, the one who always messed around and pulled pranks.

I thought he would've been sad because he was the one who proposed the idea of us marrying each other. I feel heaviness in my heart as I realise that he did it to protect us from our lies. My heart breaks not because I like him but because he used me to protect me.

A hand grabs my elbow and pulls me back, "Cousin, I'm sorry but this'll just take a moment."

Jinheung stops in his tracks and there's no trace of happiness left on his face. He nods gruffly as he trudges towards the hallway which leads towards our room.

"Why didn't you tell me, Eunwoo?" I ask helplessly as I stare into his broken eyes, "Why did you do this?"

"Eunha, your happiness matters more to me than my own happiness. I love you but I'm letting you go. You remind me of a bird, Eunha, one that doesn't want to be caged and all I offered you was a golden cage." He heaves a sigh as he takes a step back, "I thought about this for so long, I wanted to make you my second wife but you don't deserve that and Hana doesn't deserve that either. I know I'll never love her like I love you because you were my first love and first loves hurt a lot."

I blink rapidly as tears escape my eyes and drip down my chin, "You're so stupid," I let out a sob as I shake my head, "You sacrificed your happiness for mine. I'm so sorry, Eunwoo. I am so sorry that I did this to you."

He raises his hand and wipes my tears, "Don't cry, Eunha because that will make me sad. I'd give up on the world for you, you know that but I also know that you won't do the same and I don't blame you for that," He takes a gulp and smiles sadly, "I guess this is karma for not loving Hana. I hurt her and now you hurt me."

"I-is this what you meant? Why would I hate you for this?" I ask, my heart breaks into pieces as tears leak out of his eyes, "I'm angry but I don't hate you."

"This is part of it, Eunha," He whispers as he steps close to me and kisses my forehead gently, "Don't be mad at me for too long, I hope you understand why I did what I did."

He turns around without waiting for my reply and disappears back into the feast. I quickly wipe away my tears and force my thoughts to stop so that it would hurt less as I walk towards my room. The door is left slightly open and I shake my head at Jinheung's carelessness.

I open the door softly but my eyes widen in shock when I see a black rose lying on the dresser while Jinheung holds a letter, looking pale and scared.

"W-What is this?" I ask hurriedly as I close the door.

Jinheung jumps in surprise as he hides the letter behind him but it's too late. He knows I saw it, my eyes travel to the rose and then to the letter as I take small steps towards the dresser. I feel my heart thumping in my chest because I know that something dark is coming to ruin my happiness.

"Eunha, I'm sorry." Jinheung pleads as he drops the letter on the floor and guilt floods his eyes.

I stare at the letter as I wonder, what did you do Moon Jinheung?

x x x

What do you think is happening, what is the secret that Eunwoo and Jinheung are hiding and what are they apologising for? Your thoughts are always welcomed <3

~Until next time