17

"Is that from home?" I question Jinheung as he stares at the floor, "Is everything alright?"

"Nothing is alright, Eunha." He whispers as he falls on his knees, "everything is shattering and I'm at fault too."

"Jinheung, it isn't your fault, nothing is your fault." I sit next to him and try to console him but I don't know what he did.

"Read the letter and then decide." He says hoarsely as he holds out the letter.

I grab the cool paper in my hands and flip it open. My hands shake as I take in the elegant handwriting.

Dear Soyeon,
It's time for you to know that Eunha doesn't exist. She was created to protect you from those who are out there to harm you and wish to use you for their evil motives. I know you might be confused as to who to trust but you can trust me. You can trust Woobin, Eunwoo and Jinheung because your mother, Queen Yeonwoo trusted them too.
Soyeon, you're a royal lady. You were the princess but your title has been snatched away from you ever since Wang Shi Hyun exiled your father, Former King Wang Rin.
Stay alerted at all times, Soyeon.
I'll meet you soon, wait for me and act rationally till then.
-Your friend and protector
Kang Siwon
~I hope the rose reminds you of what we've been through and that we aren't much different than the people here.

The letter is left behind on the ground as I pick up the rose and graze it gently. A thorn prickles my finger and I drop the rose as I stare at the blood that oozes out. I've got royal blood in my veins too.

The rose was pretty but it was dangerous. The jet black flower brought beauty along with treachery. It lured me in but pricked me when I held it gently.
With beauty comes pain, with flowers come thorns.

I match my lost gaze with Jinheung's broken one's as a tear escapes his eye and he scoots close to me.

"I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry,Soyeon." He repeats as he stares at the letter and then back at me.

"I'm Master Rin's daughter?" I echo out my thoughts, "Why didn't he tell me himself?"

Jinheung grabs my hand in his, his warm touch brings me the feeling of home, "He doesn't know it because you're suppose to be dead."

"Then how am I here?" I whisper as I intertwine my fingers with his, "Why am I alive when I should be dead?

"You're suppose to live because Queen Yeonwoo sacrificed her life for yours. You should live because Master Rin cries every night for you, you should live because you're needed here, Soyeon."

A tear escapes my eye and more follow it. Jinheung raises his shaky hand and wipes my tears, his hand lingers on my cheek as he pulls me close and rests his forehead against mine.

"Forgive me, Soyeon for I have betrayed your trust." He whispers as I shake my head softly.

"I don't hate you, Jinheung." I murmur, "I don't hate any of you."

I lean in and kiss Jinheung. It is warm and sad and reminds me of back home. It tastes of salt as my tears fall down one after another.

Jinheung pulls back and stares at me until I break the silence.

"Let's run away, just you and me." I plead as I grab his sleeve, "We will get married and live somewhere far away. No one will know about Soyeon, everyone will be happy. Please agree, Jinheung. Just say yes and I'll be yours till we die."

He shakes his head as a tear leaks through his eyes and a waterfall of tears emerge after it, "I thought I'd be happy to hear these words come out of your mouth, Soyeon but I feel empty. You don't love me, not in the way that I do."

"We can't run away because Master Rin deserves to know that you survived the poison. He tried to blame Queen Yeonwoo for making you drink the poison but he couldn't because she was slashed in front of him. His own brother did that to him, he deserves to know the truth, Soyeon."

I blink softly as I try to wrap my head around all the thoughts, "My mother poisoned me?"

"She had to, Wang Shi Hyun forced her to kill you so that she could be spared. She never meant for you to die as Siwan always had the antidote but Shi Hyun is merciless and killed your mother too. He stared right into Master Rin's eyes as he slashed the sword right through her."

Sobs escape my throat as I cry out for my mother who left me too early. I cry for my mother who gave her life in return for mine and I cry out for her, who gave me a new life and saved me.

"I'm sorry that you had to keep all of this to yourself, Jinheung." I croak out as I rest my head on his shoulder, "I'm sorry that I can't return your feelings because my heart lies with someone else."

He shakes his head and smiles sadly, "Don't apologise, I shouldn't have loved you in the first place, you weren't mine to begin with."

Guilt, it seeps through your veins until it occupies your entire soul. It doesn't let you breathe, you feel suffocated and you'll do anything to make yourself feel better.

Maybe Jinheung is like that too. He's giving up on me because he feels guilty. Eunwoo did that too, he married Hana to protect me. Why? Because he felt guilty and guilt is stronger than love.  

I want to move away from Jinheung, I want to leave his warm embrace but I don't.

Because I am hurting and I don't know if I'm Eunha or Soyeon. My world changed within a few minutes, leaving me lost and confused.

I'm not an orphan
            and I'm not a peasant

I'm Soyeon, the girl who had her title snatched away from her, the girl who lived as Eunha all her life and the girl who is lost and doesn't know where to go or what to do so I leave my thoughts behind as I close my eyes and rest on Jinheung's shoulder.

The floor was uncomfortable but he wasn't. He made me feel at home and I was glad for him. For the first time, I was glad to be next to Jinheung.

x x x

The truth is out now.
Eunha is Soyeon, this is the secret that everyone hid but why?
Who are they protecting Soyeon from?
Your views are always appreciated <3

~Until next time