12

What if I'm doing it all wrong? Does Master Rin even want to be avenged?

I'm shaken out of my thoughts as Wang Eunwoo stands in front of me and acknowledges me, "Lady Eunha."

I lower my head as I reply, "Wang Eunwoo, to what do I owe this pleasure to?"

I paste a small smile on my face as I see the group courtiers and maids following me around. They say I'm about to become a Royal and Royals need protection and vigilance at all hours.

"Promise me one thing, Eunha," His eyes seem desperate as he links his elbow with mine and we walk slowly around the edge of the pond, "You'll think rationally and decide what to do, promise me that you won't act alone and out of anger."

"What are you saying, Wang Eunwoo?" I ask him hurriedly as I see the my Head Maid rushing towards me with an urgent look on her face, "What does this mean?"

"Don't forget that I'm on your side." He whispers into my ear before he steps away. The Head Maid bows to us as she looks at me, "Lady Eunha, you must come quickly for the dress fitting, Lady Ji-Hye wants you to try out the dresses for the wedding."

I nod at her as I gaze at Wang Eunwoo with a broken and lost look. I know it's wrong to lead him on but I don't want to get married. I don't hate Jinheung but I'm just not ready for marriage.

"She'll come in a minute, you can wait here." Wang Eunwoo instructs her as he walks a few steps ahead and I trail behind him.

"Don't worry, Eunha," He comforts me, he looks broken and sad, he doesn't look like the Eunwoo I know, "I will find a way but will you wait for me?"

I nod my head despite not knowing what he was talking about. I nod my head wondering how he knows that I don't want to get married. I nod my head thinking that Wang Eunwoo is not as bad as I imagined him to be.

"I will wait for you, Wang Eunwoo." I whisper as he motions for the Head Maid to take me back to my chambers.

I turn around and give him one last look. Is he the same boy who confessed to me? He stands there looking at his reflection in the shimmering blue water as I walk away and away until I can't see him anymore.

x x x

I feel like a doll that is being dressed up as countless maids rush around in my room. They bring different shades and textures of gowns and hold them for me to see. No conversation takes place as the maids help me get dressed into all types of gowns. I instruct them to let me wear the dress myself, I have to hide my tattoo at all costs. I tell them that I'm used to change by myself and that I'd appreciate my privacy. The Head Maid instructs the maids to turn around each time I change into a different dress. I'm grateful that they care and accept my command.

I dismiss the first one saying that it looked too golden. The second one was too simple for a wedding. The maids grow hopeless with each minute as I don't choose a dress for the wedding. Too black, too orange, too dull or too shiny.

I let out a sigh as I stare at the dresses and the maids who sewed them. I dismiss them with words and ignorance but they put so much sweat and work into it. Maybe I hate this marriage but I don't want to be rude to the maids when they've been anything but.

I paste a smile on my face as I clap my hands, "Can you show me that red dress again?"

The maids rush quickly and bring the dress forward. I run a hand through its fabric as I close my eyes. It's soft and silky. The rich red colour makes the dress look surreal. There's a huge golden bow in the middle of the dress that is tied around the waist. The colour reminds me of Wang Eunwoo's red hair, they make him look deadly and powerful, they are his crown and his power.