15

"I hereby cancel Wang Jinheung and Lady Eunha's wedding which was to take place today," King Shi Hyun's voice booms across the room, his gaze challenging as he continues, "If anyone wishes to object then they may come forward."

His face etches into a smug grin when no one dares to come forward, "Very well," his proud eyes gaze towards Eunwoo as he continues, "My Son, Wang Eunwoo will get married to Lady Hana, the daughter of the General without further delay and after that I shall give up my throne to my eldest son, Woobin."

Eunwoo lowers his head as he thanks his father, "Thank you for your benevolence blessing, Your Highness."

Woobin steps forward and bows to his father as his forehead touches the red carpet. The rest do the same and I follow their actions. We bow down to the King, the King who is about to be abdicated and the King who doesn't care about us. We bow down to him and it's the last time that we will.

I never imagined myself bowing to the King and I never imagined myself being acquainted with his sons but here I am. I've changed a lot since I came here and I learned many things which I'm grateful for.

The King stands up as he mutters a small rise and leaves the room, the Queen follows behind him not before she gives me a sad smile.

"Are you okay?" Wang Jae Ha asks me and I realise that the room is now empty.

"I'm fine, just a little shocked but I'll live." I laugh as I try to diffuse the tension.

"I hope things get better for you, Lady Eunha, you deserve a soft epilogue." He smiles at me before he lowers his head and takes his leave.

I stare at the throne until I feel eyes behind me. I keep my eyes on the throne as I speak slowly, "If you want the crown, you will have to bear the crown and it's weight. The crown doesn't come alone, it bears a huge burden along with it and I hope you don't crush under it."

I hear a chuckle which makes me turn around and glare at Woobin who is leaning against the wall.

He walks close to me until he's standing in front of me.

"You look alluring," he whispers as he stares at me, "You look royal in purple, just like a Queen."

I scoff as I look at the ground, "Don't say things like that. Don't make my heart flutter because I'm confused."

He takes a step back and smiles as if he's trying to prove his point, as if he's giving me space and time, "We may be far apart but our hearts lie close, Eunha."

"I don't need this poetic and cryptic talk right now, Woobin." I snap harshly as I match my gaze with his, "Tell me who Soyeon is and tell me why you confessed to me."

"Deep down, you know the answers to both of your questions, love." He says as he smiles at me before he walks away, leaving me alone with my chain of thoughts.

x x x

The day passes in a blur. I feel as if the world around me moves too quickly, I'm a mere girl standing in the middle of a tornado. I'm in the eye of the storm yet nothing is calm. The world around me moves in a frenzy and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

The wedding ceremony takes place immediately after the King's announcement to his ministers, "We can only have one marriage per year as the tradition of this family and that must be of my son, Wang Eunwoo."

According to Jinheung it is a stupid tradition which is observed so that the happiness and celebrations last for a whole year nevertheless I am quite thankful towards Eunwoo, he helped me to escape from my marriage.

I feel a headache rising as I stand in the courtyard where the ceremony takes place. The sun is on its peak, it shines brightly on us making beads of sweat form on my forehead. I fix my veil as I look ahead to where Eunwoo stands.

He wears a beautiful blue robe which has silver stars etched onto its borders while Hana stands next to him who wears my wedding gown. The same blood red gown which matches with Eunwoo's hair.

I smile despite the pain in my head and despite the heat. I see Hana's father, the General standing close to his daughter as a proud smile lingers on his face. I notice his glossy eyes as the bride and groom recite their vows before they exchange rings.

The courtiers and ministers stand behind us and they whisper about Jinheung's failed wedding and Eunwoo's sudden one. I force myself to block out their hushed whispers as I focus on the ceremony.

Eunwoo sends a smile towards Hana, one which looks sincere but it lacks love. It doesn't reach his eyes but it's enough to make Hana smile back.

"Are you okay?" Jinheung asks me, his eyes filled with worry, "You look pale."

"I'm fine." I lie as I smile comfortingly. I feel Eunwoo's worried gaze on me but I force myself to smile back despite the pain and guilt that swims in my heart.

The ceremony ends after the newly wedded couple pay their respect to the King and Queen. The King laughs loudly gaining our attention as he talks to Hana. She seems so small and timid next to him. I don't know if the King likes Hana because she strengthened his power and I'll never find it out but I know one thing for sure, people don't change so easily

x x x

The second time I get changed was into a golden shimmery gown when Wang Woobin was crowned the King. Wang Shi Hyun stepped down from his throne for his son. I think he would've preferred Eunwoo as the King but he gave Woobin the crown because the ministers and officials prefer him more.

There is a grand feast after his coronation and all the officials, ministers and their eligible children are invited. It is magnificently on a large scale. I have no appetite as I sit down on a plush chair and stare at Woobin who was walking around greeting his subjects, his officials.

He walks with confidence and looks different with the crown and the golden robes. Maybe his confidence was increased with the jewel on his head. I stare at his back from a distance and get surprised when he turns around and his eyes meet mine in an instant. He raises his lips in a small discreet smile as I pretend to fix my hair and wave at him.

It's us again. Whenever I stare in his eyes, I feel the world around me pause. I get lost in his eyes, I sink and drown in them but they're addicting and each time I come back to life, I find myself drowning in them again.

x x x

Heyy guys!!!

So, Eunwoo got married, Eunha doesn't have a clue about Soyeon and Woobin is being cryptic. Do you guys know what's happening or are you clueless too?

And thank you so much for the 3k reads, I love you all so much :')

~See you all next time <3