6

The human brain has three responses when we're in danger. It's either fright, flight or fight. I won't deny and say that I wasn't scared because I was. I was terrified by the thought that I had been betrayed once more.

I wasn't choosing flight because let's be obvious, I was here to crush the Royal Kingdom, why would I run away when I was so close? Naturally my response would've been to fight but for once, I kept my mouth shut as I watched the scene unfold in front of me.

The look on confusion on the Princes face was visible now because they had taken off their veil, revealing their beautiful features and their vibrant red and raven hair. I can't believe the Princes don't know what's happening but then I don't either. All I can do is look at Jinheung and then back at the lady. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out that she's royal. The way she's dressed and the way she speaks radiates eloquence.

"Jinheung, my child," the lady grabs the wooden door between us as a few tears escape her cheeks, "You've finally returned to your home."

"Aunt, what do you mean?" Wang Eunbin questions as he motions for his guards to open up the gate, "Who is this man?"

"I am Moon Jinheung, son of Lady Ji-Hye." Jinheung speaks with such confidence that I feel the air suck out of my lungs. Is he the same Jinheung that I spent five years with? He's the son of the sister of the Queen? How is this possible?

It seems as if I am not the only one curious because this time Wang Woobin speaks as he walks close to Jinheung, "How is this possible? You never told us that you had another son except for cousin Minhyung."

She looks at Wang Woobin and lets out a soft sigh, "We thought he was dead."
Lady Ji-Hye doesn't waste another moment and hugs Jinheung tightly, her hands stroking his back softly and for a moment I feel jealous because I've never gotten this type of love before, "My son, I've missed you so much." I guess, I should thank Lady Ji-Hye because she tells the guards to let us out, saying we're not thieves or rebels but family. My heart twinges because I know she means Jinheung, not me.

Jinheung steps back as a sad expression etches onto his face, "I missed you too, Mother."

It feels as if her eyes see me for the first time when Jinheung glances at me, I have to say I am a bit shocked that he still cares for me and checks to see if I'm alright.

"This is Eunha, my betrothed." Jinheung introduces me and I have no choice but to smile and bow at her in respect. My smile is fake just like my relationship with Jinheung. I can barely tolerate him, why would I marry him?

I softly trail my eyes up and my heart jumps in surprise when I feel Wang Woobin's sharp gaze one me. If Jinheung's gaze makes me feel exposed then Wang Woobin's gaze makes me shiver, he can see through me, it's like he knows everything about me, his gaze screams out a possessive vibe, one that I loathe. I can't believe I am so close to them yet so far away.

Lady Ji-Hye walks up to me slowly, I know she's going to tell Jinheung that he can't marry me because I don't have Royal blood running through my veins and because I am not worthy enough to marry her precious son. I brace myself for those harsh words but the impact never comes. What comes is a hug, a soft and warm touch of embrace that makes me feel loved and I hate it. I don't want to feel loved because I am a villain and villains don't deserve that.

"Eunha, that's such a pretty name," she whispers as she steps away from me, "Jinheung, feed the poor girl, she's so thin and pale."

My body doesn't know how to react. Is someone actually caring for me? Do I deserve that? I don't even know if I should trust Jinheung anymore or not. I wish we were alone so that I could murder him or at least question him. He infuriates me so much, there's no limit yet why do I want him close to me? Why do I feel calm and safe around him?

I am snapped out of my thoughts when Wang Eunwoo steps forward and stands in front of me. I'm appalled by his blood red hair and I try to keep a straight face. He nods at Lady Ji-Hye who steps close to Jinheung and talks to him in light murmurs, "I'll accompany you to your room."

I follow him like a helpless puppet because that's what I am. The day will come when I will cut my strings and come to life. The day will come when Jung Eunha will take control of her life and her actions and that day is not far. I feel the burning gaze of Wang Woobin on me as I walk away from this golden cage.

We walk a good distance, the castle is huge and magnificent but I expected it. The Royal Family wouldn't live miserably, they have to show off their wealth and power. Wang Eunwoo stops in his tracks making me nearly bump into him. He turns around and stares at me, "I don't trust you, Woobin might trust you but I don't."

It feels weird that he refers to Wang Woobin as Woobin but I guess that's what brothers do. I can't miss the small edge in his voice when he pronounces the name of his brother. Wang Eunwoo doesn't give me time to reply, maybe because he never wanted a reply. He's just making sure I know my place in this Kingdom.

I match my steps with him because I don't like to be left behind, I don't like to be leaded as I try to have a small conversation, "Is Jinheung really a Royal Blood?"

"Jinheung?" He asks me with disbelief, "I know nothing about him but refer to him as Wang Jinheung if you don't want to get yourself killed."

Wang Jinheung, the name itself feels foreign but I guess there's nothing I can do but accept it. Jinheung is a Royal Blood. He's the son of the Queen's sister. This profound knowledge makes me want to throw up, how did I not know this?

"This is your room, Lady Eunha." Wang Eunwoo tells me as my heart takes a weird flip. 

Lady, I don't deserve that title. It's not mine.

I bow down to him as he opens the door and steps inside, "I hope this is sufficient for you and Wang Jinheung."

I want to laugh, I want to tell him that I've been living in hell. I survived hell and there's nothing worse that can come at me. I gaze at the huge room, it's big enough for a hundred people. I pretend as if I'm not surprised by the huge chandelier dangling from the roof or the gold and glittery exterior of the room that makes me want to puke. It's all too gold and too extravagant.

I guess it's true then, "Everything a King touches turns to gold."