14

"Lady Eunha, it's time for you to wake up." My Head Maid calls out to me as she places a deep purple gown on the side of my bed, where Jinheung should've been.

I flutter my eyes as I try to blink away my headache and drowsiness. The memories of last night rush into my mind and I internally swear at how stupid I was. I showed a different side to Woobin, I hope he doesn't react badly. After I wash my face, the headache gets better but it still lingers. It's a painful memory of how drunk and stupid I was.

The Head Maid lights some lavender candles as she heats up the water, in the washroom. My muscles relax and my worries fade away as I take a warm shower. I change into the deep purple gown that Head Maid hangs for me. Its made of velvet and is smooth, it fits me perfectly and flows out from beneath my waist. It's a simple gown with flowery sleeves that cover my arms and has silver dragons etched onto the bottom.

The painful thought rushes into my mind that I'm getting married today. I stare at my gown and realise that this isn't the one that I chose, what is happening?

I sit in front of the dresser as Head Maid brushes my hair softly and dries them with a white cotton towel. She then turns and twists my hair into a perfect bun and ties it tightly so that it won't fall. She takes a silver hairpin which had the shape of a dove and places it on my head. I feel its heavy weight but refrain from saying anything. It makes me look beautiful and beauty is treacherous but now I've learned that it's enchanting and serene because it gives you power.

"Will you tell me what is happening?" I ask her at last, fed up that she told me nothing, "This isn't my marriage gown, I know Lady Ji-Hye would never choose one against my wish."

"My Lady, the King has called upon the entire Royal family to discuss an important matter." She tells me as she applies powder on my pale face, "It sounded quite urgent, I hope it goes well for everyone, My Lady."

She takes a step back after she applies a light tint of red on my lips to give it colour and bows to me, "Wang Jinheung is waiting for you in the hallway."

I wave my hand motioning for her to stand straight as I stand up and fix my gown. I follow my Head Maid who opens the door for me as she stands next to it.

"My Lady, the only thing you lack right now is a smile." She tells me and I feel grateful towards her. I'm really glad for her, she made my life easier in the palace.

I see Jinheung waiting for me in the hallway as Head Maid had mentioned. I hold back my eagerness to ask him about last night as I feel the nerves in me tingle. I sold myself short yesterday but I'm more intrigued about Soyeon.

Those thoughts soon vanish when I realise that I'm seeing the King for the first time. What does he want? Blood rushes to my face as I think that maybe he found out about us. Will we be exiled or killed? Will he hang our heads or will he cut them off and display them to the public.

Jinheung grabs my hand softly as he leads me towards the Throne Room, "A-are you feeling alright?" He asks me as he slows down, "Listen, I don't want you hate anyone when all this gets over."

"You know what today is about?" I ask him as we walk side by side, hand in hand, "I'm scared, Jinheung."

He stops in his tracks making me do the same, "I have a gist of it and that's it but you don't have to be scared, Eunha. Don't be scared because things will get better."

He smiles at me and I feel guilt seeping through my veins as I stare into his eyes, "I don't feel the same anymore, don't get me wrong I still want revenge, I think." I sigh as I fiddle with my long sleeves, "I don't hate them anymore, hating on someone takes so much strength. I felt drained all this time but now, I feel free and happy. Is it selfish of me to say this when Master Rin is suffering at the other side?"

But I feel drained to do this now. Sometime villains don't want to be villains. I don't want to be a monster anymore, my hands maybe tainted with blood but I wish to stop now.

He smiles widely which makes me smile but mine doesn't reach my eyes. I realise for the first time that Jinheung is handsome. He looks ethereal in his red and black robe. It makes him look notorious and serious at the same time and that fits him perfectly.

"Master Rin doesn't want the revenge that you think he does, he wants justice not revenge. He can never hate you, Eunha and I can't either. I'm happy that you're happy." He takes my hand again as we continue walking, "Let's talk about this later, we've got something important to deal with right now."

x x x

The Throne Room was more magnificent than the tales told it to be. A majestic throne sat in the middle of the room which had a large golden eagle on top of it. My eyes take in the beauty of the room from the bronze pillars to the gold ceiling, everything looked like a fantasy. With a distance from the throne was another beautiful throne for the Queen, it was pretty and elegant, just like herself.

The King was old and had a small beard. He had small ruthless eyes that saw a whole lot of blood and pleas for mercy. His face seemed tired and wrinkly maybe because he was dying. He held himself with pride and arrogance as if he wasn't old and dying soon. He may have had all the riches in the world but money can't extend your life. Death comes when it has to and it cannot be delayed.

The Queen, on the other hand was young. She looked a decade younger than the King and had a pure and beautiful face. Her kind doe like eyes stared at me as she sent a small smile my way.

The King was ruthless and merciless while the Queen was kind and generous. They complimented each other like the pieces of a puzzle, so different yet they were perfect together.

I stand with Jinheung, Lady Ji-Hye and Minhyung while Wang Eunwoo stands with Wang Jae-Ha and Jae-Chan. A distance separates us which makes me realise that we can never come close with the children of the King.

Wang Woobin arrives last and a girl in a blood red gown follows him. Her footsteps doesn't match his, she walks behind him until Woobin stands directly in front of the King. I realise with a jolt that she's wearing my wedding dress, I can't recognise her with her veiled face but her eyes look innocent and naive, they hold sadness in them.

Woobin lowers his head as he bows down to his Father and we do the same. The King waves his hand as he says, "You may rise."

Wang Woobin stands next to his brothers as Wang Eunwoo takes a step forward and addresses his Father, "My King, I am here to ask you for a favour as your son."

The King coughs into his handkerchief before he nods, "You may continue, My Son."

"I beg you to stop Cousin Jinheung and Lady Eunha's wedding." He pleads as he falls down on his knees.

My eyes widen in shock as the King stares at me, my bones shake as his sharp gaze falls on me and I pray to the heavens that he doesn't see through me.

"And why would you propose that? I already gave them my blessing." The King retaliates as he lets out a humourless laugh, "You have to learn how to bargain, Son."

I see Wang Eunwoo tightening his jaw as he lowers his head, "You will still have a wedding but it'll be between me and Lady Hana, the daughter of the General of your army."

The King's face twitches as he taps his hand on the side of the throne, "You are like me, My Son." His laugh booms across the silent room and it makes me shiver, "You're clever indeed, marrying the daughter of the general to strengthen your own power."

His mocking gaze lands on Woobin, it lasts for a second but I notice it along with everyone in the room. He smiles at Eunwoo and continues "Perhaps you should've been the Crown Prince. I see myself in you, Eunwoo and I know you'll make me proud in the future."

x x x

What is happening in the Kingdom? Do you guys know about it? Feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Things will start to make sense soon till then make sure to remember each detail.

Till next time <3