13

I am quite surprised when I see Woobin holding a bottle of liquor. I sit next to him wordlessly and stare at him under the moonlight. He looks young, much boyish. His sharp jaw shimmers under the moon, I hide back a grin as I realise that his jawline is as sharp as a sword. His brown eyes seem glossy as he takes another gulp from the bottle.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I try to take the bottle away from him, "What happened?"

"I'm getting crowned as the King tomorrow, I'm worried, Eunha." He breathes softly into the cold night, his breath comes out like a puff of white smoke.

I wrap my robe around my gown tightly as I rub my hands together to get warmth, "In that case, I should be the one drinking too," I tilt my head as I stare at him, "I'm getting married tomorrow."

Woobin silently passes me the glass bottle as I small smile etches onto my face. I look at him and see that he himself tries to hide a grin. 

I let out a deep sigh as I take a swig from the bottle, "I'm scared." I'm terrified

I then pass the bottle to him and he takes a sip before he does the same. It doesn't take it long for the liquor to reach my system and corrupt my mind and body. I feel myself getting drowsy and exhilarated as I keep on drinking. It must've been a strong one to make me feel like this or maybe I can't handle my liquor well.

"What are you scared of?" Woobin asks me after a long pause, "You'll get to stay in the Kingdom where you belong."

"B-belong?" I hiccup as I rub my eyes tiredly, "I don't belong anywhere, I was a stray kid, still am."

I stare at him as a sad smile lingers on my face, "I'm scared of marrying Jinheung, I'm scared that I'll start to love him and I'm scared that I won't be able to ruin you."

He chuckles softly as he takes the bottle away from me, "You clearly drank too much, Eunha."

"Go, run away while you still can and save yourself," I whisper in rapid breaths, "It'll be chaos here, you won't survive. You might think I'm lying but I'm not."

"Eunha, can I ask you a question?" He asks me as I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. I feel as if we are all alone in the universe, just me and him and for the first time, I feel genuinely happy. I feel infinite and want to pause the time because I know dark times are coming. I can't blame myself for wanting to live in this moment.

"I can't stop you, you're the future King." I mutter as my thoughts start to feel hazy and my sight begins to blur.

"Leave Jinheung, stay with me." He pleads and I stare at him, my mind comprehending his words at a slow pace, "Marry me and I'll give you anything that you want. You make me happy, Eunha."

I move away from him as if I'm being electrocuted as I stare in his genuine brown orbs, my eyes widen in shock as I put my hand forward to stop him, "I can't do that, I told you I'm here to ruin you."

"You won't do that, I know you won't." He says as he grabs my hand in his, "I know you care about me in the same way as I do, I am in lo-"

Footsteps interrupt Woobin and I turn my head around to look at the source of the sound. It's Jinheung and his questioning gaze makes me feel guilty as if I committed a sin. I never told Jinheung I liked or loved him. He knows I despised him back home, I never asked him to marry me so why do I feel like a villain, a complete monster. I never knew that guilt and remorse would hurt me this much.

"Don't complete that sentence, Cousin." Jinheung glares at Woobin as he walks towards me and pulls me up, making me stand next to him, "You can't marry Soyeon, I love her ever since I saw her, four years ago."

Who's Soyeon? My mind feels blank as I try to think of who Soyeon is. Are they still talking about me? Why do they refer to me as Soyeon? Am I Eunha or Soyeon?

"W-who is Soyeon?" I ask as I grab Jinheung's arm. I start to feel dizzy as my world tilts and turns, the starry sky above me dances around in a circle, bewitching me with its beauty but I can't focus on any thing, I'm too tired to do so.

"No one that you should know, love." He answers as he supports my weight and helps me to stand upright.

"You know about her?" Woobin asks as his hands start to shake, perhaps it is out of fear or sheer terror, "Is that why you came?

"My reason doesn't matter as long as my intention is pure," He stares at Woobin with such a hatred and for the first time, I feel afraid of him. The moonlight falls on Jinheung and makes him look like a King, a wicked and ruthless King.

I hear his sharp voice again, "Isn't the throne enough for you?"

I hear Woobin take a sharp intake of breath.

My body then gives up on me, I feel tired or maybe exhausted is the right word to describe what I was feeling. My grip on Jinheung loses and darkness engulfs me, making me a part of it.

"I've known Soyeon since she was born, I fell in love with her when I first saw her as a child, so how can you say that you love her more? If time defines the intensity of love then I've known her longer, hence I love her more." Woobin whispers hoarsely and that's the last thing that I hear until my senses give up on me too.

Darkness, it engulfs me like an old  friend,
hugs me tight and holds my hand
as it whispers words of comfort in my ear,
    I can't help but embrace it like it has always been here.

x x x

Who is Soyeon? Is it alright for our Crown Prince to marry Eunha or should she stick to Jinheung and what is Eunwoo up to..
Your suggestions and views are always welcomed.
Thank you <3