30

"I'm fine, I'm fine but I'm hurt. I'm broken without you, why do you always leave me? Why do you always make me chase you?" Woobin cries as he holds onto Soyeon's hand.

"Your Majesty, you must rest now." A soft voice tells him, but he sees how it is on the edge of breaking.

"Hana, I can't live without her as you can't live without Eunwoo." Woobin stands up and sighs.

"Love is a wretched thing but we can't seem to let it go." She chuckles weakly.

Woobin notices how Hana avoids his eyes so he speaks,

"It's not your fault, I won't blame you at all." He tries to comfort her but he knows it's useless.

"I know," his sister in law smiles as a tear escapes her eye, "I hate how my Father did this to you but I'm sorry that I'm sad on his death."

"You have every right to be sad, he was your father." He steps forward and embraces the girl, taking her by surprise.

"You're like my little sister, I cherish you and Eunwoo wouldn't want you to feel guilty so cheer up, no matter how hard it is." Woobin tries to smile but the pain in his heart doesn't let him.

"Do you-" Hana sighs as she stares at Soyeon's lifeless body, "Do you think she'll wake up?"

"I hope she does, I can't live without my Queen." He smiles as he reminisces the time they spent together.

"I was a fool that I didn't notice," He sits on the seat next to Soyeon's bed and sighs, "She always had a troubled look on her face, I should've known."

"Don't blame yourself, Woobin." A voice startles him and he stands up to greet Wang Rin.

"I feel like I betrayed her trust." Woobin stares at his wife, "but I don't want to lose her."

"You won't lose her, she's a fighter." Wang Rin tries to comfort him but Woobin notices his sleepless eyes and the hollow look on his face.

"It's been 3 days," Woobin breaks the silence, "The royal physician says her chances get less with every hour that passes because her organs got damaged by the poison," he takes a shaky breath, "because she was poisoned twice."

"Son, believe in her, she'll be okay." Wang Rin breaks down in tears as he hugs Woobin and pats his back.

Woobin couldn't believe that it had been three days since Soyeon had poisoned herself to save him.

He should've saved her but he was a fool to believe her lies.

He should've noticed her secrets but he didn't and now he blames himself.

Three days but he didn't leave Soyeon's side because he wants to be there when she wakes up.

It had been three days since Eunwoo, Siwon and Jinheung had fought against all the rebels.

Three days since Hana lost her father,
three days since Taeil died,
three days since Seungmin gave up his life
and three days since he lost a part of himself.

Woobin stares at the night sky through his window and sighs.

"I want to end your pain, I want to protect you from everything. I want to hold you because I'm afraid that you'll disappear." He breathes into the silent night.

He feels himself getting sleepy, he fights against the fatigue but it wins and he promises himself that he'll close his eyes for a few minutes only.

"You look beautiful even while sleeping." He hears a whisper and feels someone caressing his hair.

He opens his eyes and blinks, adjusting his vision. A smile illuminates his face before he realises that Soyeon had woken up.

"This isn't a dream, right?" He asks the girl who just smiles at him.

"If it is then it's a beautiful one, right?" She chuckles as she leans back on the headboard and sighs.

"How are you feeling?" Woobin whispers as he places a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Like I've been poisoned." She smiles at him and grabs his hand.

"I thought I would lose you." He tells her as he stares at her face.

"I'm sorry for scaring you but I had to save you." Soyeon tells him as she avoids his eyes.

"Please don't leave me again, I can't live without you," Woobin whispers as he lifts her face so that her eyes meet his, "I love you."

Soyeon smiles widely as her eyes turn glossy, "and I you."

x x x

This was it, this was the last chapter <3
Honestly I tried but I couldn't kill Soyeon, I love her character and couldn't let her die.

Did you guys like how this ended?
Feel free to share your opinions.