9

I see a flash of raven hair and that gets me curious. I stand up as I make my way into the hall. The candles are getting dimmer as the flame licks the wax making it turn liquid. I tilt my head as I look around for a shadow or sound until I feel eyes behind me. I turn around and push the person against the wall.

"I think you like this pose a lot, Lady Eunha." Wang Woobin muses as his lips turn upwards in a smirk. This is the first time I hear him talk, his voice is so deep and firm much like a King.

I remove my hands from his shoulder and step back, "I'm sorry, Wang Woobin, I got scared."

He looks at me for a while, his gaze feels less burdensome as he tries to figure me out, "You're far too experienced for a common lady."

"What do you mean?" I ask him as I pretend to act confused, "I'm not innocent enough?"

"Tell me, Lady Eunha," he steps close to me, "where were you and Cousin Jinheung until now?"

I open my mouth to speak but a soft voice cuts me off,

"Hyung, can you sleep with me tonight?" Jae Chan asks as he rubs his eye tiredly.

"Are you alright?" Wang Woobin walks close to him and crouches down, "why aren't you sleeping?"

I don't miss how soft his voice turns as he caresses his brother's hair softly and leads him to his room. I'm long forgotten, I shiver as I stand in the lonely hallway and make my way to my room. Jinheung's room.

I close the door behind me and stand at the edge of the bed contemplating whether I should sleep on the bed or not. It was a luxurious bed and could fit us both easily but the conscious me wasn't ready to sleep next to Jinheung even if he was in a deep slumber.

I make myself comfortable on the couch and tuck my feet under me. I knew my back would ache a lot in the morning and I would regret sleeping here but I had no choice. I closed my eyes and thought about the events which took place today. I felt flustered when I thought about the kiss, why did he do that? How can he love me, I'm a monster out here to destroy him and his family. It doesn't take long as darkness engulfs me and I lose consciousness and fall into a deep slumber.

x x x

I feel a soft nudge on my shoulder as a voice whispers, "Lady Eunha, your presence is required at the table."

I flutter my eyes as I thank the maid and stand up, stretching my arms above me. The bed was already made and had no clue of Jinheung. Where did he go?

"I'll help you get dressed into a gown, My Lady." the maid bows down as she motions towards the dress laid down on the bed. It's a brilliant red gown with golden swirls on it and bow in the centre, it's too beautiful for my taste but I have to wear it for my sake.

I shake my head as I paste a small smile on my face, "It's okay, I can handle that." I have to protect my tattoo, I have to protect the Black Rose. She looks confused but agrees because you cannot refuse the order of your higher ups. That's the way this world works. If you're down the ranks, you stay there and if you're above in the ranks, you stay there. This system of hierarchy, it has to go. It's ruining too many lives.

I'm walking down the huge staircase, I can't recognise myself while I'm here. I'm wearing a beautiful gown and my face is filled with make up although I made sure that the maid applied little of it. I'm not here to impress anyone, I'm here to ruin them. With everything that happened with Wang Eunwoo, I feel like I'm forgetting my purpose of staying here. I'm using Jinheung, I'm using him to destroy his family, the Royal family.

Jinheung stands up as he sees me making my way towards the table and grabs my hand softly as he leads me towards the huge dining table. It's filled with so many different dishes that I can't keep track of what's there. I can't see the King, word is that he's sick and is going to die soon which means that the brothers are going to fight for power and I have to ruin them before that happens.

I bow down to everyone seated at the table as they do the same except for Wang Woobin who just flicks his hand and looks uninterested. Minhyung and Jae-Chan run up to me as they sit on both sides of me. I force a smile onto my face as if I won't ruin their family, as if I won't cause their destruction.

Wang Jae Ha, the younger brother of Wang Eunwoo sends me a small smile as he whispers, "I hope you rested well, Lady Eunha."

I nod my head as I put down my fork and chew my food before responding, "I did, thank you for your concern, Wang Jae Ha."

He smiles and goes back to eating as I look between Jae Chan and Minhyung, these two kids are adorable. They talk about all kind of things that children talk about. I just nod and laugh with them enjoying the company until I feel a gaze on me.

My eyes automatically move up to Wang Woobin's gaze and he is indeed looking at me but this time I don't see a burning passion in it, I see warmness and love and that leaves me confused. I try to lift my lips upwards in a smile but I know that it comes out awkward so I focus my attention on my plate as I make small talk with the two young princes.

I remember how Master Rin used to say that if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you. I don't want to lose myself in those eyes of his, I don't want to give into the rule of Wang Woobin and I'll make sure that I won't because I am Jung Eunha and I don't back down from my own words.