2

I take a deep breathe as I wave my sword through the air. I've got a lot of anger running through my veins and I'm not afraid to unleash it into my training. I turn around as my hair flip behind me. I don't bother to tie them up, I like how they move around with me. I like how they show that a girl can be a warrior too. I see Jinheung standing in front of me and I'm not surprised. He's one of the best warrior I have seen. After all, the best one gets the best, right?

My mind doesn't allow me to trust him. He joined the Black Rose five years ago. I was wary of him that day and I still am. He was brilliantly trained since the day he came, something with that just seems wrong. He says he's an orphan like me but I don't trust him. He's always surrounded by three of his followers, they don't seem to leave him alone. Dojoon, Jisoo and Dae-hwi. They walk around with their heads held high as if they own the place. What's more suspicious is that the three of them came together with Jinheung. They follow him as if he's the King. They have a mysterious aura surrounding them but it feels like I'm the only one who notices it. I guess, loyal people still exist.

My heart always feels restless around Jinheung. The way he looks at me makes me feel exposed. For all I can know, he's a liar. He opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off as I slash my sword at him. He's fast and does the same. Our swords hit each other, vibrating a metallic sound through the room, attracting the attention of the other warriors. They've gathered around us, watching the scene unfold.

I smirk as I move around in a circle, my hair whipping around me. I clash my sword against his as he stares at me. I take the chance and kick him in his ankle. He's taken by surprise but quickly takes back his position as a mischievous glint appears in his eyes. I let out a huff as I feel Master's gaze on me. I hate expectations, they always let you down, one way or another. I raise my arm, ready to strike again but Jinheung steps close to me. I turn around to dodge him but a wall is behind me. I curse my luck as I try searching for a weak spot but he has none that I know of yet.

I prepare to strike but Jinheung moves again, his face hovers dangerously close to mine as he whispers, "I won, Eunha." I feel his warm breath on my face as he reaches for my arm and holds it against the wall, trapping me so that I can't move. I come back to my senses and kick him in the shin. He seems surprised by my rough attacks, I take the moment to disarm him, kicking his sword far away. I crouch down to his height as I whisper, "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose but not me, I always win."

I stand up and walk towards the door, I can't hide my proud smile as I walk through the door while my fellow warriors just look at me in awe. Yes, I enjoy it because I don't want to be loved, I want to be feared. I want people to fall on their knees when they hear my name, I want them to shiver in fear.

x x x

I stare into his firm eyes and do not cower. I'm not a coward and I won't act like one.

"I want to go to the Capital." I demand as I glare at him, my fists clenched against my sides.

The man in the black robe doesn't give in. He's powerful than me. He's stronger, wiser and old. He moves with such grace and precision, he moves like the shadows in the night, unseen and unheard.

In the blink of an eye, he's in front of me and has trapped me. I'm a liability, I'm weak.

"You are not ready," His voice booms through the room, it's steady and firm. It's unchallengeable. No one dares to challenge the Master, no one but me. I don't know if I'm brave or foolish or perhaps both.

"You've been saying that since day one," I twist his arm and break free but he's strong. He grabs my arm holding it behind my back, I'm unable to move.

"There are things that you cannot understand yet, Jung Eunha." He tells me as he removes his hand and allows me to be free, "You will go to the Capital when you are ready." He repeats once again as he soundlessly exits the room, making me think that my mind played a trick on me but I'm not a fool. I can still feel the disappointing ache in my chest.

I grip my hair tightly as I collapse next to the wall. I'm never going to be ready. He'll never see me as strong warrior, all he sees is a pathetic orphan but I'm going to change that. I have to change that.

I pick myself along with my shattered dignity as I brush away the dust from my gown. I'm a villain, I'm a bad character, I don't deserve mercy and kindness. I open the door with my shaky hands, I'm not afraid, I'm furious.

I bump into familiar faces as I make my way to the orchard. If there is one thing that I loathe the most it's pity. They look at me with pity in their eyes which makes me hate them even more. I don't deserve pity, I don't deserve anything.

I feel soothed and relaxed as I enter the orchard. There are no flowers here, they don't survive the harsh conditions of a mountainous region but I do. I survived the difficulties life threw at me but for how much long?

I see Jinheung standing there, looking down the mountain and not far from him are his three musketeers. My feet take me close to Jinheung and now I'm standing next to him. He doesn't look at me as his mouth moves, "Don't come too close or you'll get hurt."

My forehead creases as I ponder on his words. I don't get the chance to ask him what he means because he leave along with his companions. He leaves like everyone else, he leaves me alone in the orchard too. I like being alone but I don't want to be lonely. Being alone is a choice while being lonely isn't.

I open my arms as I exhale with the wind. I stretch my arms as if the wind is hugging me. The cool breeze flies through my hair brining a smile on my face so I close my eyes softly as I become part of the wind.