23

I feel as if my heart weighs a ton as I judge my options. I'm happy, I'm ecstatic because there's no one that I want to marry if it's not Woobin.

He doesn't only make me happy but he makes me feel alive. He sees me beyond my flaws and imperfections and when I'm next to him, I feel like I belong in this world.

I know it's the same for him. I know him well enough now, I know that I'm the only person who makes him feel like Woobin, the boy that loves archery, hunting and astronomy, not King Woobin who is stoic and serious.

I stare at the moon and sigh. I thought the cool breeze of the night and the sight of the stars would make me feel better. I thought looking at the constellations and being a part of something greater than me would've brought me peace but it didn't.

It burdens me more because I know time is running short. I am a small dot in the universe and the world will continue to move around even if I stop breathing.

It may stop for a few loved ones but that's all. No one would care that I'm gone and that saddens me but then again, I was never one to be loved. I saw myself as a monster and that's what I became. I was ruthless and paid no heed to those who wanted to protect me, instead I pushed them away.

But now I'm safe, I'm protected and I'm loved yet my demons caught up to me. I'm forced to kill the boy that I love and take his throne not because I want it but because I have no choice.

I have to marry the boy that I love not because I love him but because he'll go to war and he'll need a Queen to take care of his country.

I weigh my options once more before I swear at the stars that I won't shed blood. I won't take a life to save a life, I'll find my own way.

I'll find a way like I always have.

I make my way through the dimmed hallway and step inside my room. It's left untouched except there's a letter placed on the bed.

I sigh as I hold it up. I get a sudden desire to tear it apart and forget that it was there but I know that it won't bring me any good.

Little Queen,
How cunning of you to seduce the King, you're smarter than we thought. We were planning to abduct the youngest prince and teach him a lesson if you denied our humble request.

We're here to help you rise, you need the throne. We'll let you marry Woobin and become the Queen but once you do, you have to announce that you're Soyeon, Rin's daughter and take the throne that was rightfully yours. That's the only way your Mother will forgive you.
~

I clutch the letter tightly before I crumble it and throw it in the corner of the room. I take a deep breath and look around my room before I decide to read one of my Mother's letter.

My little sun,
I hope you are doing well, I've got so much to tell you but time always runs short.

You're so precious, people will always be after you. Don't give into the world and fight against it. My daughter, always remember to be kind and fair to those who are weaker than you. Don't give anyone the power to walk over you, I know you'll make me proud. I'm terribly sorry that I can't see you grow up.
~Mother

My head hurts as I think about my Mother's words of encouragement. She believed in me, she placed her trust in me and I can't let it fall into pieces. I have to make her proud, I have to fix things so that she can be at peace.

But first, I have to find out who writes these letters. I have to see who has the power to do this while being in the palace.

Determination courses through my veins as I set up a plan, I write my own letter and pluck a blood red rose from the courtyard. I hold the match stick that I stole from the kitchen in my hand as I light the rose on fire. I place it in the middle of ground and keep the letter close to it, maintaining a distance so that it doesn't burn.

I cover my face with a veil as I wait near the wall. I know whoever sends me these letters isn't dumb but I also know that it isn't one person, they're all working together and I have to find out who they are.

My legs feel numb as I wait for what seems like hours and I nearly curse out until I hear something shuffling. I strain my ears and hear soft footsteps until I see a cloaked man standing near the burning rose. I watch closely as he steps on the rose and puts it fire out before he scoops up my letter and hides it in his sleeve.

My heart beats rapidly in my chest as I take a step forward, revealing myself under the shimmering moonlight.

"Who are you?"

x x x

Here's an update because I was free <3

Any idea who sends these letters?

~ I love you all