Chapter 15 - Dongwoo's Party (part 2)

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you." An all too familiar male voice called from behind her. Na Ri rolled her eyes as she spun around to face Jungsoo. "And why is that?" She retaliated, her hand still resting on the door handle. "Don't you have any common sense? When a guy is at a party and goes into a bedroom he's hardly reading the Bible in there!" Jungsoo retorted with a knowing smile. Na Ri's cheeks heated at the sudden dirty thoughts she couldn't push away and her hand dropped from the handle. 

Jungsoo threw a smug look her way as he stifled his laughter at her sudden loss of determination to find Chan. "Smart girl." He ruffled her wavy brown hair. She slapped his hand away and he quickly recoiled. She looked at him in disgust. "Why do you seem to appear wherever I go?" Na Ri didn't even attempt  to hide her distaste for him. "Consider yourself lucky." He winked playfully and she scoffed. She turned her back to him and slowly raised her arm until her fingers tightly wrapped around the cold metal handle. She couldn't deny that she was scared to enter the room. What if Chan was with a girl? What if he really was up to no good behind the other side of the door?

"He's alone. I was watching." Jungsoo whispered into her ear, causing a shiver to run down her spine. She really didn't like the negative vibes she got when he was around. "Thanks." She replied drily as she found the courage to twist the knob.  The door opened to reveal Chan sitting on the floor with his back to her.

She quickly shut the door, deliberately shutting it hard to create a banging sound, hoping that would earn her his attention but he didn't flinch, not even when she placed her small hand on his shoulder. "Chan? Are you okay?" She questioned once she noticed the tear stains on the piece of paper he was holding. He suddenly scrunched it up before she got a chance to read what was written. He pulled away from her touch and quickly stood up, stuffing the paper ball into his pocket. She attempted to grab hold of his shoulders so she could properly study his features but his constant movements away from her made it almost impossible for her to get a good look at his face. 

With every step towards him that she took he took three in the opposite, making sure his back was always turned to her.  His odd behaviour was alarming to her. She couldn't help the worry that was arising. "Chan, would you please just stand still for a second? At least look at me!" She protested at the uncooperative boy. She kept approaching him, refusing to give up on him until she had him cornered. He buried his face into the wall as she stood behind him with her hands tightly gripping his shoulders, trying with all her might to turn him to face her. He covered his face with his hands while she spun him around, not wanting her to see him like this. Chan had never liked showing others any emotion so this was a new situation to him.

Na Ri's features softened at the sight of him. She took in his red face and the tear stains on his shirt, causing a slight sting in her heart. "Chan." She mumbled softly as she placed her hands over his, urging him to remove them and he let her to show his puffy blood shot eyes. He hung his head down in shame as she ran her thumb over the tear streaks down his cheeks. 

"Everything's going to be fine. Whatever it is, it'll be okay. I promise you." She smiled warmly and he raised his head, his eyes meeting hers. Neither of the two spoke for a moment, the only sound being the loud music downstairs and the hustle and bustle of party goers. Na Ri let out a small chuckle at their current situation. "What?" Chan asked, her laugh making him uneasy as though she were laughing at him. "This isn't your typical party situation." She stated matter of factly. "What would you class as typical?" He pondered aloud despite having a fair guess of what she meant. A slight blush crept onto her cheeks for the second time that night for the same reason as the previous time. Chan smiled at how pretty she looked when she was embarrassed, especially with her usual straight hair being styled differently tonight, cascading down her back in long waves. His recent thought was quickly pushed aside by his annoyance at himself for thinking of her that way.