Chapter 31 - Classroom 43

"How about we tell them about October 14th?" 

Chan's words sent a look of horror to Bo Ra's face as the crowds around them grew in size, students rushing over to see what the commotion was about. 

Na Ri glanced between the pair, sensing the building tension in the hallway. She had never seen Bo Ra look vulnerable before but the pleading look in her eye nearly made her feel bad for the girl, but not enough to stop Chan. It was about time that girl paid the price for her own actions and by the devious look in Chan's eyes, Na Ri could tell there was no stopping him. 

"Please, don't." Bo Ra mouthed to him, causing a slight hesitance as his heart began to throb but it quickly diminished. He wasn't sure if now was the right time for a revelation to the students who had stood by their class president for so long but once he felt Na Ri's grip on his hand tighten he smirked over at the frightened girl, regaining his confidence in himself.

Chan dug his free hand into the pocket of his uniform blazer to reveal a piece of scrunched up paper. Realisation hit Na Ri as she figured out exactly what Chan was going to do. He slipped his hand out of her small one and held the paper in front of him before clearing his throat and reciting the first sentence written in In Ho's neat handwriting. 

"October 14th 2015."

He glanced up at the stunned Bo Ra, her eyes wide with disbelief knowing her world was about to fall apart. She knew Chan had read the letter intended for her but she'd never known how it ended up at Dongwoo's house and she definitely didn't expect Chan of all people to be the one to use it against her. She'd always known Chan had feelings for her and never viewed him as a threat until Na Ri came into his life. 

Chan's eyes scanned the paper as he looked for the relevant information to air to the curious students. He fought back his tears as the lump in his throat grew, threatening to choke him up. He hated thinking of his best friend in pain and after reading the note addressed to himself last night, he felt even more guilty about all of his wrongdoings towards In Ho. 

"My girlfriend, I love you with all I have and yet I hate you the most out of everyone I've ever met." Chan spared the silent Na Ri a quick smile in attempt to distract himself from regretting his action. She nodded in encouragement, filling him with the courage he was searching for. 

"You were the start of my downward spiral. Why wasn't I enough for you? Why did you cheat and lie? Do you have any idea of how I felt each day pretending not to know that you were pregnant with someone else's kid?"

Multiple gasps echoed around the hallway as the truth began to unravel. Bo Ra frantically looked in every direction, taking in her peers reactions to In Ho's words. Some students whispered in small groups while others sent looks of shock and disgust her way. 

"T-there's no proof that's real!" Bo Ra stammered as she turned to the crowd, hoping they'd side with her but by the numerous dirty looks she was receiving she could tell that support was the last thing she'd get.

Chan held the letter up high and turned it to face the crowd. "I thought you might say that!" He smirked, feeling thankful that this was going according to plan. "It's In Ho's handwriting!" Chan proclaimed as his free hand reached into his pocket to retrieve a birthday card addressed to him. He held his evidence side by side as the crowd took steps forward to examine the proof, all nodding and turning to each other with looks of amazement. 

"You could've just wrote all that yourself!" Bo Ra spat at him as she took a step towards him but a loud voice yelling Chan's name frantically made her freeze. The three looked to the right where the sound came from to see students creating a clearing big enough for Jungsoo to barge through while waving a piece of paper in the air.