4 - i got you

0.4 - i got you -

4 - i got you -

I don't know how long this is going to go on for. By this, I mean him. And I'm sure you know who that is.

It's slightly comforting seeing something around all the time, like, a small reason for your brain to convince yourself that everything is normal. When maybe, in reality, that thing, —or that person, in my case— might be what should be telling you that something is definitely not normal.

I think seeing someone that doesn't exist fills in that category pretty well.

But, I've sat back and thought about it, and Aera didn't seem to have much of a reaction when I told her I saw someone that she couldn't. She's planning on majoring in sciences, so I should trust her when she says it's probably nothing to worry about. So, how bad could it be? After all, she might be right, maybe I do just need more sleep.

And besides, I have no reason to fear or worry over someone no one else can see, much less someone who barely looks up.

But, sleep or no sleep, fear or no fear, he's becoming normal. He should be becoming that thing that should tell me that everything isn't normal, but he's just doing the opposite.

and I don't know what to think about that.

It was the next day after I'd been studying in my room with the red-haired angel, and I currently had a bottomless pit in my stomach, all because I'd only checked my calendar. That shouldn't make me stressed, I know, and it wasn't checking the calendar itself that'd gotten me so stressed, it was the date.

December 7th.

Every year, the school hosts a Christmas dance for the seniors, and, since I'm a senior this year, I have the absolute pleasure of going. It's not like I wouldn't go, considering that this is the biggest dance next to prom. But I would normally be super excited about a dance, because, cool, I get to dress up and spend time with friends.

That would be if my best friend didn't already have a date.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't have other friends, it's just, my best friend is already being taken by someone else. But, I can't exactly hate my situation, because the guy who's taking her —Nakamoto Yuta— is actually a pretty good guy. So, I mean, good for her.

But not good for me, because her getting a date either means that I have to get my own date, or I have to find a friend that doesn't have a date yet and is willing to go with me.

The dance is in 3 days, the tenth. And, I think it's safe to say I'd rather stick my hand in a bucket of lava then do this.

"Seriously, I'm sure Yuta could hook you up with one of his friends if you want. It's not that big of a deal."

I sighed and shook my head, "No, it's okay. I'll just ask Seorin to go with me or something."

Aera rolled her eyes and put a finger up, her legs crossing in her seat

"Tell me, when was the last time you spoke to her?" She asked, slightly pursing her lips as she waited for my answer.

I didn't have one.

"Exactly what I thought. So, don't worry about it, Dohyeong. I'll ask Yuta to set you up with someone." Aera told me, resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

I gave her a hesitant look.

She straightens up at my expression, clarifying, "You don't have to say yes, it's just an option."

I nodded. I probably should take this offer as a blessing, it'll fix everything if I take the chance. And, besides, I guess I don't really have to worry, Yuta's a pretty good guy, so he'd probably have good friends. But I guess it wouldn't matter either way, as long as I don't end up going alone.

"Okay. I'll give it a chance." I nodded, my lips curving up into a small grateful smile.

I added, "Thanks."

She returned my smile and nodded, patting me on the back as she said, "I got you."

When I said I hoped the person that Yuta would set me up with would be nice, I wasn't expecting this. Hell, I wouldn't have even accepted in the first place if I'd known this would happen.

As I stand here in front of the guy that Yuta had set me up with, I instantly knew that Aera had pulled some strings.

"Hi, Dohyeong."

A small blush dusted my cheeks as I smiled and greeted him back.

"Hey, Hyeokjae."

I don't know if I'm dreaming, but are more than one things that suggest that I am. One of them is an obvious fact, that Aera has basically given me chance to go to a dance with my crush. Pretty dream-like. But, there's also another thing.

I can see him in the corner of my eye, —his halo being the main reason for that— and he's not looking away. He's not distracted this time, he's looking right at us.

And he's smiling.

A/N:

you'll get a bit more of a look into Taeyong's side of the story in the next chapter, like why he's appeared, etc