22 ; he's an angel

22 - he's an angel -

Dohyeong's P.O.V

"I'm sorry. I guess I'm not as good of a guardian angel as I thought, huh?"

His tone was unmistakably lighthearted as we walked out of Route 127, but it made me shake my head almost immediately in disagreement anyway.

"No, it was just me being oblivious," I told him, stuffing my hands in my pockets as we walked. "I could've avoided this if I looked a little harder, I bet,"

"Dohyeong, any mistakes you make are mine because I didn't help you avoid them."

My lips pursed slightly as I retorted childishly, "That's dumb."

By the time we were sitting in my car, I realised that I didn't want to go home yet. I'd been out for only a short time, and after that, I figured the last thing I needed was to be cooped up with my thoughts again.

But, I was lost as to where to turn to.

Taeyong eyed my distant expression from the passenger seat, his expression vaguely curious.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, the words igniting a small flame in my chest.

I couldn't help my heart from throbbing in my chest every time the words were said. The sentence had little worth in itself, but I still seemed to find it intimate on the occasion he said it. It was something like a phrase with a hidden meaning, a sign that only I knew

"I don't know," I admitted quietly, trying to push the feeling down as I said, "But I know I don't want to go home. I sort of just wanna be alone now. But, alone with you, does that make sense?"

"Dohyeong," He trailed off, his eyes wandering away. "If it makes you feel any better, Aera was telling the truth,"

I just sighed, not really wanting to revisit it. But, I went along with it nonetheless, asking, "How do you know?"

As soon as I asked the question, I immediately knew what his answer would be, and though I had never considered it before, it made sense. My eyes wandered to his halo as I reminded myself,

that's right, he's an angel.

I didn't say anything like that, though, just nodding. "Somehow, I believe you,"

He just turned his attention back to me, smiling almost knowingly.

"You obviously have a lot on your mind, so just do what you want, Dohyeong,"

It took my mind a second to switch back to what he was talking about, but I just gripped the hem of my jacket a little harder, nodding. "Okay,"

I turned the key in the ignition and the engine came to life, and I almost thought it sounded like it was yelling at me to make my decision. But, I ignored it, because I knew definitely didn't need an engine criticising me, too.