30 ; i promise

30 - i promise -

--

After telling Aera all I could, I left the hallway we were standing in and started to make my way back over to the living room; per her suggestion, of course. After the heavy topic, she said that it would help me loosen up if I just had a little fun. I guess that was what I was here for, anyway.

To loosen up. To let go of stress from finals; from everything that was going on. And maybe I deserved it, maybe I didn't, but I was starting to think that it was such a bad idea anymore. Maybe I just needed to loosen up.

Taeyong must have noticed something change from beside me because he suddenly turned to me as we walked. But, I didn't look at him. I knew my eyes were showing what I was thinking about, and I didn't want to talk about that.

"Dohyeong, have fun, okay?"

I snuck a look over at him, and almost melted at his expression. One eyebrow was slightly raised, and the look in his eyes was humourous. I enjoyed it, but I couldn't fathom why he still cared about me so much when everything else was so hard.

When I didn't say anything, he stopped. I stopped a few steps after him too, and, for some reason, I expected him to be angry. There was something about the situation that was frustrating in a way I couldn't explain; like there was something hanging in the air that was a little too high for me reach. Maybe I just assumed that he felt it too.

But, instead, he just reached out his arms.

I couldn't help but smile, his actions genuinely surprising me to the point where I didn't know what to say for a moment. He kept the humourous look in his eye as I raised a brow, a silent question.

"What?"

He didn't answer me verbally, just gesturing closer to himself with his hands. My cheeks were on fire at that point, I'm sure.

I wasted no more time in moving closer to him, letting his arms envelop me. I hugged him back tightly almost right away and just let my heart beat quickly, deciding not to even fight it this time around. Tears began to peek at my eyes, but I closed them as they began to spill over, not wanting to let him know any more of my troubles.

But, they ceased when he just hugged me tighter, his head leaning down so he could whisper in my ear.

"Tell me if you want to leave,"

God, Taeyong, why are you being so confusing?

"...Would you hate it if I said I did?"

He took a step back, his hands landing on my shoulders as he looked me in the eye. I was flustered but too exhausted to bother looking away.

"How could I?" He asked, smiling and suddenly reminding me of the days where I yearned to see it. How times have changed.

He walked out with me after that, his arm loosely hanging down by my lower back as we waned through the crowded house. It was a blur from there - the faces I saw, the few brief greetings I exchanged, the car ride home, the shivers.