28 ; help me

28 - help me -

Dohyeong's POV

It was raining.

And not the drizzling, it might go away soon kind of rain

It was kind of rain that drowned out all distant sounds as if it wanted your attention on it alone. It almost gushed from the sky, hitting the ground like bullets. Or, in my case, the roof.

It was the morning of New Years, and to say that I was happy would probably be an understatement. I hated the rain. I hated the sound of it, the gloomy clouds it brought. But, waking up and seeing the angel almost immediately after I'd opened my eyes and knowing that another year had finally almost passed had definitely trumped it.

So, I spent the entire day with that same feeling. I felt like a weight was finally off my shoulders as time passed, getting me closer to the new year. I always said, 'new year new me,' every year with nothing set to fix, but I really meant it this time.

There were so many things that had just changed, after all. It would only be natural to follow in suit sooner or later. I wanted to act on my own this year, solve my own problems, but still make all the best memories that I could with the people around me. I wanted to keep the friendships I already had, mend the ones I could, and finally get into a relationship that I could keep. I want to finally find someone that won't break my heart.

It was a big jump, but it the new year, I was sure that it was possible.

As I wrote these things down on paper, determined to remember and fulfil them, Taeyong peeked over my shoulder.

"Setting goals a little late, are we?" He said, his eyes skimming over my writing from behind me. My heart thumped in anticipation as he read them. I sort of forgot that he would inevitably have to read them too, but his nod and a small smile set my pace at ease again.

"It's never too late to start," I spun my chair around to face him and gave an excited smile back.

"That's true," He nodded, holding his eye contact with me and asking, "Have you thought about this a lot beforehand? Most people would just slap down something like eating healthier and go,"

I let out a soft laugh and shook my head. "No, not really. There's just a lot of things I want to change, you know?"

At that, his eyes wandered back to my list.

"Okay, yeah. But, have you considered that you might have some of these things already done or ones that are completely okay not to fix?"

I didn't answer, just spinning back around to face the list, but I knew that we both knew what I was thinking.

"Being independent is a good thing," He said, putting his finger on the first bullet on the list as I looked over at it as well. "But there's no harm in knowing when to ask for help. Letting people who love you take care of you doesn't exactly equal being a damsel in distress,"