5 ; one last time

0.5 - one last time -

5 - one last time -

Taeyong's P.O.V

Every guardian angel is put on this earth for a reason; for a person. To help that person along, and to help them solve their true problem in life.

The thing is, I've tried many times in helping people find theirs. But, inevitably, every time they either end up not solving anything at all or just grasping a solution by their fingertips.

My most famous screwup is still a story floating around up there today, which, believe me, does nothing but annoy me. When I was in my first days as a guardian angel, I was paired with a woman that I was pleased with at first, because I thought that she would be the one to finally give me a break, and let me solve her problem easily. She was a queen, I think. I don't remember exactly, but she was definitely some type of royalty, nonetheless.

But I spent around a year or so with her, having no idea what her problem could possibly be. That is until she was murdered right in front of me. I realised what was happening too late, and she was killed because of it.

But now, I was given one last chance to keep my status as a guardian angel before I was demoted, through the form of one last human. But, she seems like the hardest person to get through that I've ever gotten by far. She's happy, her parents are fine, her health is good, her economic situation is average, she doesn't seem to have any enemies. I don't see what her problem could be from just looking at her.

That was why I was so unenthusiastic about doing this. I liked my job as a guardian angel and all, I really did, but I disliked things like this that could very well screw everything up.

"Y'know, I'm actually pretty glad Yuta set me up with you," Hyeokjae said to Dohyeong, making me look up.

She just blinked as he spoke.

"Why? You could have any girl in the school if you really wanted." She confessed, a nervous smile lifting her lips.

He nodded, not denying it as he looked at the ground.

"But I wanted to ask you."

Dohyeong's P.O.V

It was still the 7th, just later in the day, which meant that the dance was getting closer and closer. I think I'd still rather stick my hand in a bucket of lava, I'm so nervous.

I would've never expected Yuta to recommend Hyeokjae to me. We're an unlikely pair, to be completely honest. We don't have that much in common.