10; all night long

10 - all night long -

--

My wrist watch is an hour ahead. It's been that way for at least a year because I don't know how to fix it, and honestly, I'm too lazy to. It currently reads 2:14 am.

It didn't make me feel much better that it was actually 1 in the morning, because at this point I was just pretty much desperate to fall asleep.

But I guess after sleeping all day, and having caffeine right before wanted to go to bed, I shouldn't have expected to fall asleep right away tonight.

And I assumed I was the only one awake now, because, well, everyone but me had a good reason to be tired. Everyone except me and the angel, but to be honest, he doesn't really count to me, because don't think he sleeps much anyway.

Normally, at home during the night he just sat somewhere in my room that was generally out of the way. It was a little weird at first, obviously, but sleeping comfortably in any circumstance was never very hard for me.

Now, since I didn't have the chair that was in the corner of my room here, he just sat by the end of the bed. The only problem I had with that, was that because I'd been thinking about getting out of bed for a little while, I'd have to walk past him.

And there's no way I could do that without seeming nervous.

So, I stayed in bed for another half an hour or so, hoping I could fall asleep and avoid it. But in that time, the idea of getting out of bed was seeming sweeter and more plausible every passing minute I spent staring at the ceiling.

At 2:06, I just decided to get out of bed.

At first, when I sat up, he didn't look over. This made me a little relieved, seeing as to me, that meant that he might've actually fallen asleep. But when I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, letting my feet touch the ground, he looked over at me. And at that moment, he looked fully awake to me.

I resisted letting out a sigh as I got up because now I'd have to make my way past the angel when he was awake. As I fixed my hiked-up pyjamas, I looked over and noticed that he'd gone back to staring into space.

From what I've noticed, the angel is probably 70% legs and 30% everything else, so as expected, his legs were stretched out in front of him. Now, since my only goal was to get downstairs without giving any indication that he was there, tripping over his legs was the last thing on my mind.

But it happened.

In my haze of thoughts, it didn't even occur to me until I was stumbling. And though I knew it was his leg I'd tripped over, I tried to play it off. I still looked around for a few moments at the very much flat carpet for something else to blame the trip on. But it was useless, seeing as the angel had already stood up.

So, I couldn't do anything else but let the embarrassment flood through me and head downstairs.