33; live alive

33 - live alive -

--

Taeyong's POV

I was immediately faced with a disappointed man the moment my vision cleared.

Yeonghwan had stood there, his arms crossed and his expression pensive. I knew I was in big trouble, but I was here for a reason, after all. So, I explained why I had done what I did, or, at least I tried to. There was obviously not a single part of him that wanted to know, or even cared, what I had to say. He had just sat me down, barely speaking as he held out a small stack of papers.

I pulled my lips into a line, my brows creasing as I stared him the eyes. His own expression was blank, almost daring me to speak another word. I didn't.

He then handed me the page in his grip, that was at glance blank to my naked eye. About to lift my head to give him a quizzical look, I had to stop myself once I realised the ink was filling in itself.

But, I still didn't get it. Just what was he doing?

Finding the courage, I peeked down at the now full page filled with the details of my life. I was further silenced then, my heart ceasing to beat for a moment that felt like years. I could barely find the courage to look over it; the page bearing everything from my birth to mere hours ago. It was such a strangely intimate yet chilling thing, so much that I didn't even know if I wanted to read it at all. But, one thing stuck out to me like it was being lifted off the page.

cause of death.

I remember it too well, the day I had died. I remember everything about it, the sharp squeezes in my chest, the uncomfortable pressure in my back and nausea that had overcome me. At the time, I thought almost nothing of it, just associating it with the dizziness that came with all of the drinking. And I had never thought that the stress it was putting on my body would do anything detrimental.

I remember feeling the alcohol in my system swimming around and pounding as I tried to steady myself on the wall beside me with a single bleak push of my clammy hand. But, it was quick, the beating in my head and the pain in my chest quickly proving to be too much for my body to handle.

I remember waking up what felt like seconds later to a shock of electricity, but only for a few moments. I knew I was at the hospital, and I wanted to open my eyes, to tell everyone that I was fine. But, I knew I wasn't.

The last words I heard were ones I never want to hear again.

"Lee Taeyong, time of death, 11:54:17 PM, February 13th, 2013. cause of death; heart attack per alcohol poisoning and failure of the righthand g calorie adrenergic receptor."

"Why are you showing me this?" I asked this minutes later, after I succumbed to my curiosity and digested the heaps of familiar information that had been placed in front of me.