6 ; he loves me, he loves me not

6 - he loves me, he loves me not —

Dohyeong's P.O.V

It's the 10th; and I'm so nervous I feel like I'm going to explode.

I've had Aera remind me a thousand times that this isn't a big deal, and I'll be fine, but I can't seem to take in those words.

But I'm excited. It's a weird combination, nervous and excited. But I just wish I was getting a little more out of the excited side.

Aside from my dilemma, everything is going as usual. I still get up painstakingly early in the morning, I still don't pay attention in algebra, and plus the red-haired boy is still around—which I guess I need to start trying to figure him out a little— so pretty much nothing is preventing me from worrying about it 24/7.

"Alright, anything you didn't finish is homework."

I looked up at the English teacher's voice, my ear filling with sounds as everyone hurriedly tried to get out of the room. I looked down at my blank worksheet and resisted a groan. I guess I'll have homework.

As I was putting my stuff away, I snuck a glance over at the red-haired boy, who was distractedly playing with a stack of ungraded papers.

I resisted a smile as I stood up, walking out of the room with his light footsteps soon following. I have to admit, having him around isn't half bad. Like, the things I thought would be awkward with him around aren't really at all.

Like when I change my clothes, he waits somewhere else for me, and not to mention that he doesn't even bat an eyelash at Aera and I's weird conversations. He's really placid about everything, which I like. Because, I mean, if I'm going to be seeing people no one else can, I'd rather them be really calm than completely insane.

I opened my locker and slipped my binders into my backpack, and I abruptly began thinking about what I'd been avoiding all day when someone came up next to me.

Hyeokjae. His locker is next to mine.

I'm not stupid, I knew this would happen. Just like every other day. Just, today I wasn't exactly ready for it. Luckily, he didn't speak to me for the majority of the time we were both packing up our stuff.

It was only when I had slung my backpack over my shoulder and realised that I'd forgotten the textbook I needed for the English worksheet I didn't finish in my locker.

So I quickly opened my locker again and pushed the switch for the compartment above my locker. But as I had the textbook in my hand and went to shut the compartment, Hyeokjae closed his locker on my finger.

I let a little hiss in pain, to which he of course immediately reacted to. "Oh shit, Dohyeong, I'm sorry." He apologised quickly, his expression shifting in worry.