29 ; out of place

29 - out of place -

Dohyeong's POV

"You're shivering."

I didn't say anything to him, just adjusting my head on his shoulder. He was right, I was quite cold, but on the other hand, he was quite warm. So, I didn't find myself to care much.

"I'm fine," I mumbled, listening to the soft sigh he let out.

"We can't both say that, Dohyeong," He said, the obvious attempt to lighten the conversation.

"You seem to have no trouble saying it," I pointed out, getting another soft laugh from him as I leaned back.

His arms came down from my sides and rested calmly on his lap as I fixed my dress, my own hands not acting so calm. I don't know what overcame me at that moment, but the interaction had more or less left my cheeks red from embarrassment.

He was staring at me with the same kind of emotion that I'd expected; no longer painful or straining, but with a sort of undone fire that I had expected from the exchange we'd just had.

"You teach me a lot more than I thought, you know," I said, finally getting the courage to look him in the eyes again. "You really do live up to your title,"

I could tell he was a little surprised. "Where's this coming from?"

I felt a little embarrassed as I looked away again, sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck. "It's- it's just everything you said just now. About telling people when something's wrong, about saying no to things you don't want to do. Thank you for being there to tell me things like that,"

He smiled. "Of course. That's what I'm here for,"

I replied with a small smile of my own, but as I was about to say something else, he slipped off his jacket and held it up to me.

"Wha-"

"I keep telling you, I'm here to help, so stop rejecting it. Try with all your might, but you're the one who comes first,"

"Yeah shouldn't have to be that way," I mumbled, looking away as I let him put the coat over my shoulders. I knew he heard me, but he didn't say anything.

I turned my head to him to argue with him again but seeing him in his plain oxford shirt as he stretched his arms had me at a loss for words. For some reason, I was really surprised. This was all having such a different effect on me ever since-

oh

Since Christmas.

I hid the side of face casually with my hand, pretending to fix the hair above my ear when I was really just hiding my flushed skin. It wasn't okay for me to start feeling this way, so I tried my best to just expel it while I could.