31 ; love equals care

31 - love equals care

--

Dohyeong's POV

Unsurprisingly enough, I woke up the next morning burning up. My throat was slick with pain while my skin was the same with sweat. It was even a struggle to open my eyes that this point, but I figured it was just something that would pass.

I got so easily affected by alcohol, anyway. It probably wasn't something to make a rise out of. So, I tried my best to sit up, my actions sluggish and my fingers tingling with apprehension.

Half-hazardly, I let out an irritated sigh and reached for the object that seemed to be suffocating my finger with the intent to take it off. But as my fingers wrapped around the warm metal, I stopped myself.

I slowly unfurled my hand and stared at the ring, memories starting to come back to me at light speed. How he had said that he wanted to be around with no limits, and wished that we could be together with no shackles, like normal people. How he had given me this ring, and we had promised that everything would work out, no matter what.

It was a sentimental exchange then, and remembering it now just made it seem more important. I appreciated his smile, his calm nature last night even when I was obviously a little out of it. Whether irritated or intoxicated, he handled it with startling ease.

I couldn't restrain a small smile as I dropped my hands down to rest on the sheets below me again. He was odd, that was for sure. But I knew that by now.

As I finally stood up, a wave of dizziness crashed over me, making me immediately fall back onto the bed. Holding my hand over my forehead, I almost winced at the sticky mess I found accumulating at my hairline.

I almost called out for help, but then I realised that Taeyong was nowhere to be seen. Fear bloomed in my chest for a moment, until I noticed his suit jacket sitting by the end of the bed, neatly folded.

I let out a relieved sigh. It had only been a couple of days since he had come back, and I don't know if I could handle it if he had to leave again.

I couldn't place my finger on where he was for a moment, trying to wrap my head around why he would leave his jacket here until I noticed the water was running in the bathroom.

is he..?

But before I could finish my thought, the bathroom door opened and I was faced with Taeyong again. He more or less looked no different than usual, his hair still the same red colour and his clothes still clean and crisp. The only difference was his slightly rolled up sleeves and moisture-stricken skin.

"Dohyeong," I looked up to meet his voice. "Are you feeling okay? You look like you were dragged to hell and back,"

"Gee," I couldn't help a smile as I brushed the sweaty hair out of my eyes with the heel of my palm. "Thanks, Taeyong,"