32 ; i'm sorry to leave you

32 - i'm sorry to leave you -

--

Dohyeong's POV

The rest of the day consisted of sleeping, pointless wandering, and lots, and lots of crackers. My dad always kept a box of flavourless crackers in the kitchen as a palette cleanser, and I hated them normally, but since they were the only thing I could eat, I devoured almost an entire box in the span of one day.

It was sort of funny, the way I'd pad down the stairs, walking in a way that could only mean that I was headed for somewhere, only to end up in the kitchen. It even almost made me laugh once or twice. In no way did I enjoy being sick, but in a way, having such a simple, stressless day was kind of relaxing.

But Taeyong, of course, wasn't enjoying my behaviours one bit. He'd sit by my bedside with a constant concerned expression as I slept, and walk beside me when I stumbled out of sleep to get the said crackers. He wouldn't do anything but watch as I ate, much less talk rather than helping me back upstairs to where I'd fall back asleep or just lay there. I felt a little bad, seeing as it was obvious that he was worried about me.

It was probably safe to say that it wasn't as relaxing a day for him.

But when I laid down to go to sleep later in the night, I was the one that wasn't relaxed. Tomorrow was the first round of exams —I had two in total—and with how I was going right now, I couldn't be sure of what was to happen. I would like to go into school to get at least one test done, and it was likely that I'd go in any way even if I was sick. These were the tests that determine my future, and all I wanted was to do well on them.

But, there were also a lot of reasons I probably couldn't go in.

I'm sure Taeyong would try his best in coaxing me into staying home if I end up in the same condition tomorrow morning, and I doubt either of my parents would have much trouble doing the same, but I still thought that it would be right to go in and at least take it, no matter what happens.

I needed all of the stress off of me as soon as possible, and if that meant going into the exams feeling a little under the weather, then so be it.

I bit my lip as I stared up at the ceiling, finally deciding what I was going to do. "Taeyong,"

I didn't know where he was in the room, but I heard a soft response moments after. Hearing his voice made me hesitate slightly, but once the words were out, I knew that he probably wouldn't let me take them back.

"I'm going to take medicine and go in tomorrow, okay?"

Silence.

"Okay. If that's what you want."

I picked my head up and furrowed my eyebrows, meeting his eyes from where he was sitting by the end of my bed. I searched his expression for any sense of bluff, but even when I found none, I still wasn't really convinced.