1: The End and Back

A/N Image is how I picture Laconia Beula, the scheming hoe. Not my image. A character from Danganronpa that is apparently nice but she looks like a villianess to me.

Imogen shifted irritably in his large caramel colored leather chair. Crossing his arms while glaring at the skinny runt of a sour old man in front of him. Only the sound of the crackling fireplace could be heard as he stared the other man down.

Imogen slowly leaned forward placing his large hands on his desk. He was tired of repeating himself, "I won't sign this contract without Senry reading it first." 

Tsk, the man clicked his tongue. "This contract is very lucrative and time sensitive. We must hurry and get it signed. I've read it to you already. What's the problem?"

Imogen seethed, narrowing his eyes at the pushy man."I don't know you, therefore, I don't trust you. I only trust Senry to read over documents." 

Frustration crinkled the eyes of the skinny old man. "I was sent by your lady wife, can you not trust in her judgment?" 

"I'm not going to make exceptions to my rules for you. Get out!" 

Left alone in his study, Imogen resumes his writing practice. Not being able to read is really bothersome. It's not that he can't read at all but something as complex as a contract is still beyond his ability. 

"I hope Senry's vacation is going well. It's so rare for him to take time off, but I really want him to hurry back."

That afternoon across town~~~

In a side room of a local Inn, the pushy adviser reports to Imogen's wife, Laconia, "He refuses to accept the contract. He doesn't trust I'm telling the truth." 

Laconia paces the room, tugging at the hem of her sleeve. "He's so stubborn! If only we could have swayed Senry to our side. I'll have to go myself to get the signature." 

"That's risky. You need to stay in the background to avoid any suspicion." 

"At this point, everyone is with us but Senry. No one will think of being suspicious of me." She was confident this would work. " We have to hurry this along before Senry is to far gone from the poison. No one will believe he murdered his employer if he can't even walk. You know master won't accept our failure. Especially since we have delayed his plan for our own gain." 

She lowered the hood of her cloak to hide her face then left the Inn.

Her thoughts wandered as she traveled home. This should have been easy. Just dupe that pathetic moron that can't even read into signing everything to me. Kill him and inherit the fortune. He's too stubborn for his own good. Him and that Senry. They'll get what they deserve for getting in the way of what I want. Master already decided Imogen has to die. It'd be a waste if I didn't get his fortune after he's gone.

Later that evening~~~

Laconia knocked softly on the maple door to the study.  Inside, Imogen quickly hid his practice writing materials. "Enter," he said curtly.

She slowly pushed open the heavy door. The smell of leather and vanilla wafting out. Across the room, Imogen sat in his chair looking so regal it may as well have been a throne. She took a moment to appreciate how handsome her husband is. His soft tousled brown hair shining in the firelight. A delicate face with piercing eyes. 

There certainly is nothing wrong with him in that aspect. Too bad she married him only to see if frequent exposure to her charm power would eventually work on him.