17: Nervous

Lenix~~~

Lenix was pacing back and forth just outside the courtyard. The medical scan had shown no adverse effects from Imogen's sudden use of magic so he wasn't really worried. He still wanted to stay close though, in case of any problems.

I don't know how I should face him. He's no fool, as a 26-year-old man he would be fully aware of what had been going to happen just then.

Will he be angry with me? Or maybe embarrassed, will things get awkward? He was married to a woman previously, he might not be ok with a man liking him. I need to get control of myself and stop getting swept away with my emotions. 

Lenix didn't know what to do with himself. He wasn't ready to go back. He had already set the beasts to do intel gathering. It was to soon to get a report from them. And the guard beast hadn't caught anyone new.

In the end, he just paced around the property for half a day, trying to sort out his chaotic thoughts and emotions.

Imogen~~~

Fran entered the living room with Alex shortly after Ander. They had heard the noise and came to see what happened.

"Uh, it seems I have wind magic affinity." I didn't know what else to say.

"Nice!" Ander was pretty excited.

"Let's clean up." Alex was practical.

"Are you ok? You look kind of off. Could be magic backlash or something, should I look for Lenix?" Fran was concerned.

"No! I'm ok it's fine, just surprised. Lenix knows, he was here when it happened." I hurried to explain.

While picking up the mess, Imogen's mind kept returning to Lenix pressing him down.

Is this lingering electrical feeling from the magic or from Lenix?

Is it ok to think he might like me? He could just be overwhelmed by how handsome and fun I am. Also, I have been kindly helping him avoid sweet food. 

Really, there are plenty of good reasons to think he was just caught up in the flow of things. For now, I'll just continue as we've been doing and see what happens.

A shocked gasp broke me out of my thoughts. Glancing over I saw Ander holding the heavy desk up with one hand, a dumbfounded look plastered on his face as he looked from Fran to the desk repeatedly.

He grunted and dropped it, almost landing it on his foot.

"I couldn't hold it anymore. It felt light as a feather one moment and heavy as a house the next." He was wide-eyed, looking around at each of us. 

"Why did you pick it up?" Alex asked with a scolding tone of voice.

"There was a bit of this page stuck under it, I just did it without thinking."

"Try picking it up again," I suggested with a shrug.

Ander looked at the desk intently, took a deep breath, grabbed hold and with a mighty heave...nothing happened. 

"Huh...too bad." I patted Ander's back sympathetically.

"It's probably unstable like how I can't always use my earth magic, and how Imogen made a huge mess with his magic," Fran suggested.

"Oh right, probably," Ander said hopefully.

"But what kind of magic is it?" Alex asked.

That had us all stumped. Which was pretty easy since none of us had much education in magic.