Episode 1

"There is only one happiness in this life; to love and be loved." - George Sand

Masaru Kobayashi. A normal guy, living his own life in a house of his just perpendicular to the Nozokizaka. A student who scores well in his exams and is about to study his first year of university overseas, Masaru also takes up coding as a part-time hobby. Studying all the time is too boring. Additionally, he never had a lot of friends.

He has been living with a man named Jack Yang. Jack has been working to support Masaru, even though he's not Masaru's father. That's because Masaru and his parents had got into a car accident, and only Masaru survived. Jack took him in as a friend of his father and raised him from the age of fourteen. He studied in Toyogasaki High and it is his last year too.

Every month, there is residents in the park gathering. This event always bond residents closer to each other, but it's the not the same for Masaru. He goes there only for the food.

During the month of May the next year, Masaru was sitting on a bench in the park. He took a plate of food, which consists of rice, vegetables, curry gravy and fried chicken drumstick. While he was eating, he took out a photo he had taken with his girlfriend, Cherry Sarikumi.

"Masaru!" A female called out. Masaru stood up and walked to the girl, accidentally dropping the picture on the floor.

"You promised me to see the fireworks today, Masaru-kun!" She said.

"The fireworks are happening here, Sarikumi-chan." Masaru shook his head and sighed, "What's so nice about fireworks?"

"Fireworks are just entertaining to me."

"What a great reason." He said sarcastically.

"Hey, I really love fireworks!"

Megumi Kato, an eighteen-year-old student, coincidentally saw the photo dropped. Just as she bent down and picked it up, Masaru was already gone. Megumi kept it in her pocket.

The next morning, Masaru prepared himself to leave for the United States. Before he closed his luggage, he took out a box of cookies that he baked for his cousin, who lives a few blocks away.

He walked into his house. Halfway through the journey, he heard a deep, loud voice coming from a house. He went to the house's doorstep and knocked on her door, but no one answered. He opened the door and slowly walked up to the second floor. He saw Megumi in her room, tied up and gagged in her white summer dress. She tried kicking her pink heel shoes at another person.

"Aww, showing affection?" The guy laughed, "This is getting really interesting."

He moves his hand gently across her legs while touching her thigh-high socks and legs. Megumi muffled in fear.

"This guy's a pervert for sure." He opened the door.

"How dare you try to rape a girl!" He screamed.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"I've called the police. They're already down there."

The guy looked down and saw police at the doorsteps. The guy quickly ran out of the room and ran off through the back door on the first floor.

Masaru ran to Megumi and untied her. She took off her gag.

"Thanks for saving me." Megumi smiled.

"What happened?"

"I accidentally didn't lock my door. As I was about to go out, the pervert came in and tied me up."

"Remember to lock next time. That perverted Dreyar never learns his lesson. Like a leopard never changes its spots." Masaru said, "Anyway, I brought you homemade cookies." He passed the box of cookies to her.