Episode 13

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward." - Soren Kierkegaard

"You've seen Tomoya-kun with Ariana-chan?" Megumi asked Masaru in her house. It was midnight.

"She was getting quite imitate with him." He replied, "Ariana sat down on his lap and I didn't see anything else."

"Why though?"

"My friend pulled me away. You should ask Tomoya yourself. Maybe he might tell you the truth."

Megumi heaved a sigh of relief, "I thought he went missing. Masaru-san, let me ask you a question."

"Go ahead."

"Do you think Tomoya-kun is hiding some things from me?"

"Why would he hide things from his beautiful and gorgeous girlfriend?" Masaru asked, "He loves you so much. I bet he won't..."

Tomoya then came back home and saw Megumi and Masaru.

"Tomoya," Masaru stood up, "What are you doing with Ariana in the nightclub? Why was she sitting on your lap?"

"It's not what you guys think." Tomoya said.

"Then explain, you idiot." Masaru glared at him, "Why are you even there in the first place?"

Tomoya looked at Megumi, who was looking away from him.

The Dream Designers

Episode 13

"My parents visited me and I went with them." Tomoya explained, "They met Ariana on the way and she invited us to drink. After that, my parents went home, and I was with Ariana. She said she wanted to try sitting on my lap because she believed it would give me good luck."

"And you didn't even bother telling Megumi what happened?" Masaru asked angrily.

Tomoya turned to Megumi, "I'm sorry, Megumi. I didn't inform you about all these. I thought you will get angry if I told you, so..."

"You think that's a great excuse?" Masaru growled, "You..."

"It's okay, Masaru-san." Megumi said, "He is sincere in his apologies."

"Fine." Masaru sighed, "I'll be returning home first." He got out of the house and walked off.

"Thanks for understanding, Megumi." Tomoya uttered.

The next morning, Masaru drove his car to Utaha's house. Sure enough, she was already outside, donning a white maxi top, long black dress and her casual white heels. She is also holding a big hat in her right hand.

"Hey, Masaru-san." She got into the car.

"I see you're so happy and excited for today's outing." Masaru said.

"Of course." Utaha smiled at him, "With you, I look forward to doing anything."

"Me too." Masaru smiled back at her.

He drove to the Tokyo Sea Life Park. Once the two reached there, they walked in the huge glass dome and went down the escalator.

In there, they see many types of freshwater animals like bluefin tunas, pufferfishes and killifishes.

"These fishes look interesting to me." Masaru looked at them carefully, "Their small size. The way they move. The way they react."

"And why does that interest you, Masaru-san?" Utaha asked.

"They are just like us humans." Masaru explained, "The fishes may be a big group, but when a big figure scares them, they would swim around everywhere, hoping they could survive and not die. The same thing applies to us. We may have a big group, but when we're hit by a tragedy, or even worse, just a strong person, we run away from the problems. We're too scared to face it face-to-face.