Chapter 1

Suraiya's pov

"SURAIYA YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL! GET UP OR ELSE I'M GONNA POUR A BUCKET FILLED WITH WATER ON YOU!" My mom yelled out loudly as she came in to my room.

"I'm up, I'm up, geez mama why do you have to yell that loud?" I asked groaning, upset that I had to wake up. She raised her eyebrows and said "I have to yell loudly because it's 7:30 and if you don't get your butt out of bed you're gonna be late. You have 25 minutes to be ready and at school."

I looked at her in shock before rushing off to the washroom "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

"I did, and I've been yelling so loud that people in Canada could probably hear me. You're just deaf." She replied fixing her hijab. We live in California so she was exaggerating quite a bit.

"Hurry up, you have 15 minutes to be changed and ready, I'll drive you since I'm going to work." She said lastly before heading out of my room.

My mom is a prosecutor, which I think is a kinda a dangerous job but my mama wanting her life to be interesting everyday chose that job. Meanwhile baba chose a more safe job and decided to be a doctor.

I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth and ran to my closet as I scanned it for an outfit to wear. It's the first day of my senior year and I'm almost late, but I still have to look good. I decided to go with a black hijab, grey oversized sweater and wore a pair of black jeans. I then wore a bit of makeup and perfume and headed out wearing my black and white vans. I grabbed my bag and headed out quickly not wanting to waste anymore time.

I have fair skin, blue eyes with a hint of green in them, and dimples on each side of my cheek, as well as long eyelashes. I got my eye colour from my dad and everything else from my mom. My older brother Amir looks like my dad with the light tan skin tone and light brown hair, greenish brown eyes, and was 6'2. He was also in his senior year-we're twins. Even though we have different features-we have some similarities but we look different overall.

Then there was Sana who was in grade 10-is 16, and looked like my mom except with no dimples but a cute eye smile, however is a very sassy person. And lastly but not least there was Deen who was the youngest and was 6 years old, he had hazel bluish eyes-which none of my family members had, other than maybe some other relatives, and had one dimple on his right cheek with light brown hair and light tan skin like Amir. He's the cutest but is also known for following Amir's orders. Like one time Amir thought it would be funny to put vinegar in my cereal one morning, and told Deen to put salt in there too without me knowing because I was in my room getting something. I feel like I'm the only normal sibling in our household. Sana is a spoiled teen who gets what she wants and spends her time shopping and on her phone like a stereotypical white girl. And Amir and Deen are spawns of Satan, so I was left being the only normal one.