Chapter 10

Suraiya's pov
It was today, officially today. The performance. It was at 12 p.m and right now it was 10 a.m. Jacob had been chasing me all morning making sure everything was okay. "Suraiya, come have breakfast." "Suraiya let me see your foot." "Suraiya, you okay?" "Don't be nervous, you got this." He said while we were eating since the rest were sleeping still and were going to wake up a bit later. I chuckled at him and said "jake, calm down, my foots okay, I took some painkillers, the ice you gave me yesterday also helped, I'm not as nervous as I thought I'd be, I think your more nervous than I am though. I researched yesterday and I think it's just a bad twist not anything else, which I'm really thankful for."

He took a deep breath to calm his nerves and then said "you're right, I think I am more nervous, whether it's a bad twist or not, the doctor will be there to check your foot just in case. I got the best one I could find, please raiy, listen to her." He said worriedly and I smiled at him "I'll listen to her, thank you Jacob." He smiled back and ate a piece of his toast and then said "Let's go wake up the others, cause you gotta be there in a hour. To practice for a bit"

I nodded and said "your right." We then stood up and we went to go wake up the others. They all woke up normally and didn't take long to get ready, they had breakfast and we were out at around 10:45, I was happy because we had 15 minutes left which gave us enough time to arrive at the rink. We all got to the rink and everyone wished me luck, Sarah came and kissed me on the cheek and said "good luck habibti." And I smiled wildly back in return, they then went to the stands except for Jacob who stood with Clarissa and I. He then told me that the doctor would be here in 15 minutes and now Jacob looked anxious. "Hey, jake, the doctor said she'll be here, calm down, I'm competing in an hour. It's okay." I said to reassure him. He sighed tiredly and said "you're right."  I have him a reassuring smile and said that I was going to practice.

Victoria's pov
I'm competing against the suraiya. The one Jacob so called loves. She answered jake's phone yesterday and I wanted to throw my phone across the room. Her?! Why does he like her? She's a Muslim. What's there to love? She just covers her hair and body, there's nothing to look at. However, Theo told me that she was called an ice princess for her skating which meant she was good. But I'm much better than her. I mean no ones beaten me, and I thought she wasn't even going to be close to my level of skill, but I was wrong. Theo showed me tons of videos of her skating on popular skating websites. She was also on YouTube with around a million views on every skating video of hers. She was really good. Her score would be twice as mine if we competed. She was so elegant and beautiful on the ice. Like you were in a melancholic story. Her performance made people feel like they needed to cry, like it's okay to cry as much as you want to. And honestly I wanted to cry. It was really pretty. He showed me another video but this time it was a happy concept, she smiled so brightly and prettily, and it looked like she truly loved skating. She had so much charisma that as much as I hated to think it, she really was an ice princess. Everything was so beautiful, I'm jealous. Jacob thought my skating was good, then what does he think of hers? Does her skating make him cry too? Mine never did that. I can't have her beat me though. I'll end up embarrassing myself in front of Jacob. That can never happen.

And that's when it hit me. I'll make sure she just doesn't skate. Then someone else would compete against me and then I'd beat them and Jacob would be so proud of me and he'll love me again.

Jacob's pov
I've been so anxious ever since last night, and soo might be right about me being more nervous than her. But what made me more worried was the doctor, she still wasn't here and she texted me saying she'd be here in around 15 minutes.

Victoria then came up to me in a sparkly orange attire and smiled. I looked at her confused and said "you're competing?!" She nodded and said "you didn't know? I'm competing against that suraiya girl who answered your phone yesterday. Who do you think will win?" She asked and I honestly didn't know, in normal circumstances suraiya would definitely beat Victoria, but right now suraiya's hurt, and even though she took pain killers awhile ago she still has to be careful with her jumps. "I don't know, both of you are really good." I said drinking the coffee in my hand. She smiled, but it had something wrong with it like she was hiding something and said "I'll win, I'll be waiting for my victory kiss jakey." She then went on to skate on the ice. I was confused, why does she think she'll win so easily, does she know suraiya is hurt? And what victory kiss was she talking about, I never said I'd kiss her if she won. Whatever, I can't keep overthinking ever single thing. I decided to watch suraiya practice instead. I looked in front, everyone was minding their own business as they warm up, music loud from the speakers. My eyes travelled to suraiya in a pretty sparkly ivory dress. I saw her moving away from the line, going closer to the middle to try out a jump. She turns around, already setting up her jump when I saw a body approaching suraiya fast. I had time to recognize the skater-it was Victoria, coming from the opposite direction diagonally, she seems like she's setting a jump as well but there is something about it that just doesn't feel right, she's going too fast, too close. I opened my mouth to yell at suraiya to move out of the way but it's already too late. Raiya barely has time to notice what is about to happen, she tries to raise his arm to cover her face but she's not fast enough, Victoria collides with suraiya  hard. Suraiya's head knocks back as Victoria's elbows hits against suraiya's temple, I saw suraiya's ankle twisting horribly, her whole body thrown back and she lands on the ice on her left shoulder, sliding on the surface with the strength of the impact. Victoria as well stumbles back until she's knees on the ice but I don't care.