Chapter 34

Hi loves! I've missed everyone sm!❤️ how are all of you? Inshallah everyone is safe and well and I hope your family and friends are well as well. Quarantine has everyone bored so I hope this chapter keeps you guys entertained❤️❤️ 

Suraiya's pov
Time flew by extremely quickly and before I could even wrap my head around it, it was time for the 2020 Olympics. It was the first time in over a year that I would perform again in front of millions.

After arriving in Vancouver, we went to our hotel room and I changed before being driven to a skating rink to practice.

I wore my usual black tights and black long sleeve for practice and put on my skates.

The arena was empty and I sighed in relief. I just didn't practice as productively or as well when others were skating.

I walked on the ice and made my way to the middle until the music for my short skate started and I quickly moved to the music. The piano keys played beautiful as I was determined to practice each performance 10 times. It may have been torture but it was better than the amount I used to do. I looked at the watch, it was currently 3 in the afternoon. I could practice until 9 and then have a break as well as something to eat before practicing a couple more times and then head to my hotel room. Lily remained at the boards strictly checking my form and if I made a mistake she gave constructive criticism which helped.

I breathed hard trying to catch my breath after practicing for a couple hours now. I skated over to the boards and grabbed my water bottle before downing it quickly.

My features softened at the water which washed away any dryness I felt in my mouth.

"When you did the quad toe, your spin isn't fast enough in comparison to the landing. You'll end up falling if you don't get the timing right. Try it again and then I need to see all the quads separately to see if there are any issues." Lily criticized critically strictly and I placed down my water bottle and nodded while listening intently.

As soon as she finished talking, I did as I was told and showed her all my quads.

"Hands-they have to be more curved!" She spoke, "higher!"

"You aren't moving fast enough!" I fell to the ground and winced at the pain and breathed hard trying to catch my breath.

"Take another break raiy." She said simply before turning to exit the arena.

Why was I so slow today?

The olympics is in a few days now. I don't have time to be falling and making mistakes here and there.

I stood back up again instead of taking a break and played the music again.

"I'm doing this." I muttered to myself before moving my body to the fast paced music.

I raised my hands high and curved them before landing elegantly after trying to do the quad axel.

I panted and smiled lightly because I knew that jump right now was badass.

I heard claps come from the boards and my eyes naturally followed the sound source to see lily smiling widely while applauding.

"That's what I like to see! She's coming back. The girl who moves people. That's the jump which makes people cry, that's what you got to achieve. Again. But now have that style with all of them."

I smiled tiredly as she played the music for the 20th time now.

—-
I ended up finishing complete practice at midnight. Completely off schedule than what I planned. But it didn't matter because by the end of that practice I perfected everything.