Chapter 2

Suraiyas pov

Miss gave us assigned seats and said that because Jacob and I were fighting we get to sit next to each other for the rest of the year to try and "reconcile".

I got out of the classroom once the bell rang for dismissal and miss called me back in as Jacob was in there too.

"I expect to hear that the both of you are at detention after school." She spoke in her high pitched voice, as she looked down on the papers in her hands, while her rectangle glasses were falling off of the bridge of her nose.

"Yes, of course miss." I replied politely while gritting my teeth, leaving the class as Jacob did the same thing.

I pulled out a lollipop and put it in my mouth, savouring the sweet taste and trying to forget that I got in trouble for the first time ever and even had to go to detention. I started humming in delight as none other than Jacob starts walking alongside me.

"Raiya I'm sorry, I should've never acted the way I did back there." He said rubbing the back of his neck again like he did earlier.

He looked shy and actually kind of...cute?

No, that's not right. I just feel bad because he's actually taking responsibility for his actions. He's not cute or good at all and I know that.

"It's okay, I guess. I actually also wanted to say sorry about the way I talked to you, even though you kinda deserved it." I said, as he chuckled.

The truth is, I only apologized because Amir seemed disappointed in me because of the way I acted.

"Why are you laughing?" I said with utter confusion.

"Because you sound cute with the lollipop in your mouth, and the way you talk. It sounds silly-but cute." He said still smiling.

My face started getting warm at his words, and I almost choked on my spit at the suddenness of that.

"What flavour?" He then said nonchalantly.

"What did you say?" I asked confused once again.

"I said what flavour-your lollipop?" He spoke again.

"Oh um it's lemon." I stated.

He then swiftly pulled out the lemon lollipop from my mouth and placed it in his.

My eyes grew wide and I was filled with shock and embarrassment.

"W-why'd you do that?" I said half yelling.

"What do you mean, I like this flavour." He said calmly, as if he hadn't just indirectly kissed me.

Before I could reply he looked at his phone and then back at me with a grin before saying "bye raiya, I have to leave now for practice, thanks for the lollipop and by the way we just indirectly kissed sugarplum." He said laughing while running down the hallway, as I stood there in utter shock, before yelling "JACOB FREAKING WILLIAMS!" He heard it as he waved bye, swinging his right arm from one side to the other at the end of the hallway with that stupid grin on his face.

I'm gonna kill him- maybe not kill, but I still could stick to the classics and punch him in the face, with my testosterone punches. He really is asking for one.

Jacobs pov

She stood there shocked at what I'd done, and i just couldn't help but laugh at her reaction. To be honest, I didn't even know why I took the lollipop from her mouth. She just looked cute at that moment and I couldn't help myself.

I hung out with Amir in history, as he said "yo, I'm sorry about what raiya said this morning."

I smiled before replying "no worries man, she was telling the truth. She also already apologized. And to be honest she was spot on with what she said. My dad never went to my graduation and my mom never complimented my art growing up. Mommy and daddy issues huh? It's interesting how she was that spot on. I don't know, I kinda like her attitude." I said with an amused smile.