Chapter 29

Hi lovelies!! I'm so sorry for not updating in a extremely long time. I've been so busy, but I hope you enjoy this chapter and comment and upvote!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

Jacob's pov
She smiles, cries at times. Other times her hands move, especially when someone holds them. She'll squeeze the hand of the person who's holding her hand and smile lightly, as if she were recalling a good memory.

Everything was perfect. Especially since she passed a week in her vegetative state which left everyone relieved that nothing bad had happened and that nothing bad was gonna happen. Everyone thought everything was going stay being stable. That everything was going to be fine and that she was going to wake up soon.

But nothing ever works out. No matter how many times I prayed for her to stay with us during that terrifying night.

———

The day started off the same as it had been for half of the year, I'd go to work at 5 a.m. and leave at 11 p.m. I'd then go to the hospital and see soo, who had been progressing well and was slowly getting better this past week. The doctor officially diagnosed her as someone who was in a vegetative state and this meant that she could hear the people around her and she can cry, smile and move her hands, among other small things.

Plus, her birthday was fast approaching, it was already July 23 which meant her birthday is tomorrow. I couldn't help but be happy, that she was still here on this earth for another year. The thought of her being on that street never left my mind, not even for a second. And I couldn't do anything. The horn of the truck, the screech of the tires and then the sound of her body hitting the bumper with a loud bang. Her body flying a couple feet away due to the impact and the pretty white snow dye a red colour in the matter of seconds. Everything happening so quickly, and there was no time to register what happened in front of me.

I suddenly felt a headache brewing and so I softly placed my fingers onto my head, massaging my temples.

Slowly but surely, the headache started to disappear and my mind returned to thoughts of her.

"Her birthdays tomorrow, I made sure to clear your schedule jake." Alex spoke, looking at his side mirror to check the car behind him. "Thanks Alex. You can take the day off tomorrow if you want." I said, with tons of chaotic events stirring in my head endlessly that I couldn't even focus on the conversation I was having with Alex.

"What an amazing boss you are, I just thought of if Ethan was the CEO of the company." He shivered and continued "just thinking about it gives me the shivers. That guy is a psycho, no offence."

I laughed and added "none taken. Besides we're not that close. So I'm not offended at all."

"Very true." He spoke simply as he stretched over his hand to turn on the radio.

The woman's voice that played throughout the car was eloquent "it's been half a year and she still isn't awake. It really is horrible what happened."

I immediately knew who she was talking about. Who else would they be talking about?

The icing to the cake was then added, proving my point.

"Suraiya karim truly and will always be a prodigy. It's amazing what she could perform. But even though she had yet to awaken, rumours of her being in a vegetative state have surfaced. None of this has been confirmed by her family, or by her company but many still believe that she is close to awakening." The same woman continued to speak on a tone that was laced with curiosity. "We still have yet to find out the details of her accident and her state. And all we can do is hope that she wakes up soon."