Chapter 19

Jacob's pov
I got onto the plane as the stewardess showed me the way to the first class seats while high key flirting with me even after I declined giving her my number and told her I had a girlfriend. She finally gave up after a bit and I couldn't be happier. I'm exhausted and I really don't wanna deal with crap like this. My heart wouldn't stop beating as I felt my stomach doing somersaults. I was nervous and jumpy as well as jittery. I closed my eyes as the plane attendants spoke on the telecom ordering everyone to wear their seatbelts and turn on airplane mode on their devices. I put my AirPods in and listened to boogie wit a hoodie's new album and exhaled again trying to calm myself. The plane ride was 11 hours, that's how much time I had before being in the same city as her. Then all of a sudden before the the plane started to fly I got a call from Alex. I answered and asked what he needed and with hesitation and worry in his voice he said "they know you're leaving." I was surprised, I replied back "How?! Alex did you say anything?"

"No I didn't, but your grandma asked me to go to her office and have a chat. She then said that she knew you were leaving and when I asked her how she just said she had sources and that the only reason they're letting you go without any issues is because you have business to attend to in Paris. You have a few people you have to meet at the company ELITES party, one of their athletes is having a party for a welcoming or a birthday, something like that. And you're invited because you're close with George but the only reason your grandmas letting you go to the event is so you can meet people for business reasons. Especially since this athletes popular, many important people in the business world are going to be there. But she also said she's sending Alissa over to Paris so you two can attend the party together. By the way it's a masquerade party. She also has the really fancy masks for this party thing that ELITES had sent for you two and they're coming with Alissa."

I sighed and thanked Alex before asking him something again "when's Alissa's flight?"

"She has a bit of a hectic schedule and the earliest she'd be there is tomorrow morning around 10." Alex spoke while I thanked him again, he then chuckled and said "have fun Jake, go chase the ice princess." I rolled my eyes at him even though he couldn't see me and I said "fuck off." He laughed again before saying bye and ending the call. I sighed again, Alissa's coming when I didn't need her to. This is something I have to do alone and since I'm trying to make up with suraiya I shouldn't be bringing over 'my future fiance'. But this masquerade party, I wonder if it's for her? I closed my eyes again and tried to sleep. When I woke up, the first thing I did was look at what time it was and where we were exactly. We apparently were in France already, I looked outside to see the view. We were landing soon. I could imagine suraiya looking at the view with Clarissa all giddy. Those two were very energetic. I smiled at the thought as the stewardess spoke on the telecom "please refrain from getting up from your seats and please put on the seatbelt. As well, if you are out of your seat please head back now as we are now preparing to land." I put my seatbelt back on and waited for the plane as it was landing. After a few minutes we finally landed and then the stewardess spoke again and announced that we've officially landed in Paris France. Once grabbing my stuff I got out of the plane.

Once getting through everything I headed outside to catch a cab. The taxi driver dropped me off to a place where I could get a number and data here and once getting that cleared up I headed to the hotel Shangri-La which had a really pretty balcony view of the city and the Eiffel Tower. The masquerade party was tomorrow night which is her birthday. The masquerade party must be for her birthday. I went out afterwards again since I had heard that suraiya was spotted at the mall Le Printemps Haussmann. The only way I knew was because I've been recently following this suraiya fan account and they're obsessed with her so they know where she is practically all the time and even though it's creepy I at least knew her unlike this person whose never met her but stalks her. I went to the mall for both purposes in shopping and to see her. I bought a cap and sunglasses to try and disguise myself and headed off to explore the stores. And that's when my eye caught her, she was kind of disguised too but not as much because the fans here seemed pretty understanding and respected her personal space, well other than that creepy guy who owns the fan account and the paparazzi who follow her. She was wearing oversized overalls with a white sweater underneath, a pair of Nike Air Force 1 shoes and a laid back, black hijab. There was a boy next to her he was wearing black ripped jeans, a white shirt underneath his green olive coloured sweater. He was pretty tall compared to suraiya but then again she was tiny. He wore a Rolex, a pair of black timberlands and lastly a black cap to hide his face. You can tell when someone doesn't want any attention payed to them when you're in the show business for years. And so due to the cap I didn't know who he was. But I could see him and suraiya laughing at something he said. She looked really happy. Was I allowed to come back into her life, I know she left but I was also in the wrong. I could've left earlier that day instead of listening to my manipulative family. Especially my grandma, she's not that old and still runs the car company, after all she's the chairwoman. It hurt to see suraiya so close to someone that used to be me. We used to be so close, working out together, hanging out, doing sports together, cooking for each other or eating at different restaurants together. I'm just so confused and exhausted from life. I was jealous that the boy that was with her was making her happy instead of me. I could only see the lower part of his face like mouth and his jaw, he probably was good looking. He had a sharp looking jawline, and nice full lips with pearly whites. He laughed while patting her head softly. She then said "I'm not a kid Max." So his name was Max. I couldn't exactly hear her say it due to the amount of people in the mall but I could manage to make out the words that she said .