『 forty-three : ONE LAST HORRAH ! 』

『 chapter xliii : ONE LAST HORRAH ! 』

chapter xliii : ONE LAST HORRAH ! 』

THE SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL HAD NEVER SEEN her mother so happy

THE SIXTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL HAD NEVER SEEN her mother so happy. Not this happy, and for this long. Daphne Uley —Swan— was absolutely glowing with elation. June hadn't remembered a time where there wasn't a frown permanently etched on her lips. Or when she wasn't giving June a sad look with those deep blue eyes they share. But then June might be lying. Daphne used to be this happy, when her firstborn was just a little thing running around First Beach and collecting seashells for her parents. Maybe then. But that happiness doesn't quite encompass the one that she wears tonight. It's a different sort of smile and it's a different kind of happiness that her mother wears and it's one that Juniper know she deserves.

She watches her mother being twirled on the makeshift dance floor by her new husband, June's father, who's in equal elation and probably hasn't smiled this big since before Harry Clearwater passed away. Her dad had been through a lot; his first wife leaving him, watching both his parents die from old age, and his two best friends being taken so suddenly. Charlie deserved to laugh that laugh and look deliriously lovestruck. God, they deserve it.

June's sitting by the table with her friends, her eyes catching how Star and Jared are telepathically speaking ( due to having completed the spirit ceremony and are now mates ) and she can see the sparkle in Star's eyes when Jared helps Phoebe wipe cake off of her cheeks. Lyanna and Embry are the same way, Embry must've said something vulgar through his bond with his mate because Lyannas eyes widen before she smacks Embry's chest as he laughs. She looks over and sees Jacob staring at their friends also, a certain longing in his own eyes that makes June look down at her hands.

I will never give him that, June reminded.

                   She makes her way over to the snack station to help the organizers out, take her mind off of things when she feels a presence walk up. Edward Cullen stands right in front of her wearing what looks to be a ridiculously expensive suit and his hair tousled in perfection as per usual.