Demons

How did my life become this huge gigantic mess? How am I an accomplice to not one but now two murders? How did I let some stranger into my home? How did I let myself create a relationship with a psycho killer?

"Betty you and I are the same don't you see?" I hear his voice in my head over and over again and I want to scream. I feel myself pacing back and fourth in my bedroom. My nails going tighter and tighter into my hands. I see the blood drip onto my carpet. Tears falling down my face. Betty Cooper who have you become?

The doorbell rings shaking me out of my thoughts. I remembered my mom isn't home. It might be Jug. I wipe my tears tighten my pony tail grab a Kleenex wipe the blood and head downstairs. I open the door.

"Archie?" The red headed boy next door waiting at my door step. Things between us have been iffy over the past few months. His relationship with the Lodges is strange to say the least and after the trip at Veronica's cabin things have been different.

I know it was hard on Archie for all of us to be fighting. I didn't like it either. The musical helped, we played love interests oddly enough. It really helped mend our relationships between all four of us. Archie made sure of it. He reminded me of the old Archie....

"Betty, sorry to stop by like this but Veronica needs the Chemistry notes she let you borrow." He says. I nod. Of course it's for Veronica.

"Right. I'll go get them." I say.

"Thanks." He replies and I run up the stairs find her notebook and run back down the stairs. He is patiently waiting in his letterman jacket of course. Looking around.

"No Chic?" He asks. Just his name makes my skin fill with goosebumps.

"He left." I say simply.

"Oh... for how long?" He asks.

"For good." I say he nods seeming confused. I hand him the notebook and he takes it but noticing just the slightest smear of blood on the notebook from my hands. He looks down and then back up at me with worry in his eyes.

"Betty is everything okay?" He asks.

"Yup." I reply shortly. There was a time where Archie was the one person I would go too for almost anything. So much has changed.... he just simply isn't that person anymore. It hurts sure, but I almost feel like I'm protecting what is so pure about our friendship. He doesn't know about that awful side of myself that I absolutely loathe.

"Are you sure?" He asks again not seeming convinced. I nod again hoping he drops it.

"Arch Im fine. Just go you don't want to keep Veronica waiting." I say he nods and goes for the door.

"You know you can always come to me for anything." He says. I nod. We stand there in silence for awhile, both realizing that wasn't necessarily true. I feel tears start to well up in my eyes. Damn it. They fall from my eyes and hit the ground. Archie shuts the door drops the notebook and hugs me. He doesn't know why I am crying, or what has even been going on with me but he just put his arms around me and holds me tight. It was exactly what I needed. I feel my tears drench his shoulder but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Arch... my life is so messed up I don't know what happened." I say through my sobs.

"It's okay. Everything will be okay." He says into my ear, while rubbing my back. This is the first time me and Archie have been alone since the night of the Blackhood. My mind races back to that night, in the car when my actions took over me and I kissed him. He looked so shocked, I felt myself feeling the same emotion. We never talked about it. Veronica and Jughead sure did, but we never did. Not that we needed too. I think we both knew it was a mistake.